Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening All,

A few weeks ago I started noticing white smoke bellowing from the rear of my 2017 D240 SE Velar so I called out the Assistance team. After checking under the bonnet, they noticed a leak from the Turbo. So I took it to JLR, who after 3 days, diagnosed it as a faulty turbo, which had affected the DPF and the Catalytic Converter. Luckily for me, I extended the Warranty the day before I noticed the smoke and better still, the claim was completely covered under the warranty.

The problem is, JLR have replaced the DPF and the Catalytic converter but the Turbo is on back order and they don’t have an ETA. The service guys told me today, I’m looking well into the new year. Now the Hire Car policy in the Extended Warranty only allows a hire for upto 7 days. This has passed and Enterprise have collected their hire car and I’ve got no hire car or Velar.

The dealership have told me they’ve raised an internal case for the manufacturer to provide me with a car out of ‘goodwill’ but there’s no guarantee they will. Can anyone advise on if they’ve experienced this before and what the best options are?

I’m at a loss as to the fact the parts delay is with the manufacturer, yet I’m the one that firstly has to suffer from not having my Velar for what will be over a month, and secondly, no hire car to cover that period.

Cheers,
Sid

·
Registered
35 Posts
From my experience with LR assistance the courtesy car is as long as repair. We had one weeks when a Discovery gearbox was on back order but I would speak to dealer and even offer to pay daily to borrow a car off the pitch ? They aren't going to see many over xmas i wouldn't think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The courtesy car in the warranty is only for 7-10 days. After this, JLR need to approve a goodwill request from the dealership. In my case, the dealership (Inchcape) advised they don’t have any cars for hire. After speaking to Landrover Customer Services, they approved the goodwill to provide me with a car until mine has been repaired. The budget they set was £50 a day. What a complete joke. I’m currently waiting for my Renault Captur to be cleaned by the local Enterprise garage. Merry Christmas!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts