Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Range Rover Sport (old version). Been happy with it and always planned on changing to the new RRS in the next 12 months until the Velar came along...

Evoque too small and to be honest we don't need the space of the RRS so the Velar size wise is fine, looks wise stunning, price comparable to the Sport with the spec I want.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am currently in a 9 month old Jaguar XJL Autobiography that has had a number of issues from new and is hopefully being replaced with a new one.

If I get the replacement I will be looking to do a deal to get the petrol first edition Velar. The only downside being the XJL is on interest free credit and the Velar is clearly not.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Habxxx said:
I am currently in a 9 month old Jaguar XJL Autobiography that has had a number of issues from new and is hopefully being replaced with a new one.

If I get the replacement I will be looking to do a deal to get the petrol first edition Velar. The only downside being the XJL is on interest free credit and the Velar is clearly not.
Thats also a massive price increase as the first edition will be around 80K.

I currently have a First Edition 3 litre Petrol Fpace.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Driving a RR Evoque 2.0si - now almost 3 years old. Been a good reliable car and very practical. Always thought RRS was slightly big for what I needed so Velar looks ideal - although I have never seen one and can't see one until 1st June which is a bit concerning. I have one on order to try to ensure a Q3 delivery. Spec looks great but top end is rather expensive - RRS equivalent.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi JK,

Yes it would be a BIG price increase as the cost is £86k compared to £68k for the XJL.

Fortunately the residual or GFV on the Velar is £40k after 4years so the monthly payment is not too much dearer.

I wonder why Jags depreciate far more than Range Rovers?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Habxxx said:
Hi JK,

Yes it would be a BIG price increase as the cost is £86k compared to £68k for the XJL.

Fortunately the residual or GFV on the Velar is £40k after 4years so the monthly payment is not too much dearer.

I wonder why Jags depreciate far more than Range Rovers?
I would say they depreciate faster due to many reasons, brand name Jaguar being one, I think the Range Rover Label carry's all the JLR family.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yet Jaguar is looked at asa premium brand.

A fully spec'd F Pave S to £71k has a GFV over £10k less than a similar priced RR.

Having owned both jags and RR yourself would you say RR are a more premium motor? Is tje quality better?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Currently an Audi A7. Always loved LRs in general but never quite fancied the investment of a new one. Had a couple of nearly new full fats and after the issues with the F-Pace I have read about I'm not even sure I fancy a new one now! Absolutely stunning machine though this Velar. Nothing else like it imo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Habxxx said:

A fully spec'd F Pave S to £71k has a GFV over £10k less than a similar priced RR.

Having owned both jags and RR yourself would you say RR are a more premium motor? Is tje quality better?
Having had recent versions of the following SUVs 1 Mercedes ml 350. 2 jag fpace 2l diesel. 3 Range Rover sport 4 BMW X5 ( old model 2006). I would comment as follows. The Range Rover is by far the most prestigious vechicle out of the bunch followed by BMW ,Mercedes ,jaguar
Best SUV for comfortable journey. Range Rover again by a mile ,Mercedes ,fpace/ BMW
Sportiest SUV Fpace by a mile ,BMW ,Range Rover .............................merc
Best looking. Fpace ,Range Rover ,merc/ BMW
Most reliable. Range Rover/ BMW/ Mercedes not one single issue on all three ,lucky? YES. three weeks after part X changing Range Rover the garage had a £2200 bill
Most unreliable Jaguar fpace by a mile ( was rejected after 6 weeks)
Most expensive to run. Range Rover , BMW/ merc. Fpace
Fastest. BMW , Range Rover/ fpace ......................................................merc

Summary. Range Rover 8.5/10. Great all round package and driving position/ interior finishing far superior
BMW 6.5/10. Well put together package but bit plain looking / lacking the sportier look of the Range Rover and fpace
Fpace 5/10. Good looking car and even in 2l form good fun / great handling ,but very poorly made and cheap interior finish, not a premium product
Merc 4/10 very boring all round car / tractor one of the least exciting cars I have ever driven

This is only my honest opinion and has been done with the intention of helping anybody looking to purchase a SUV and an answer to the above question Is RR a more premium motor .............most definitely

·
Registered
171 Posts
Habxxx said:

Personally i found the build quality of my Evoque much higher and better quality then my current Jag and the Evoque was a lot cheaper, i am keeping my fingers crossed for the Velar.

·
Registered
421 Posts
BMW X3 28I - The one on the smoking tire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
Currently driving a 2015 RRS Dynamic which I am happy with, but my priorities have slightly changed over the last year and got to thinking about a smaller SUV for my next purchase.

So when I discovered the new velar and after investigating all the options I decided this was to be my next purchase so
new order placed in March and settled on a D300 R Dynamic HSE in silicone silver with black roof.
Look forward to getting it in September.

Will post pictures when I get it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
911heaven said:
Hi,
Currently driving a 2015 RRS Dynamic which I am happy with, but my priorities have slightly changed over the last year and got to thinking about a smaller SUV for my next purchase.

So when I discovered the new velar and after investigating all the options I decided this was to be my next purchase so
new order placed in March and settled on a D300 R Dynamic HSE in silicone silver with black roof.
Look forward to getting it in September.

Will post pictures when I get it.
Sounds very nice, as said on other threads though have you seen the Silicone Silver as its more a metallic Green then Silver and you may want to see the colour first, not that there is an issue with either colour just might not be what you hoped.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I was also going to place an order for the D300 Silicone Silver with Black Contrast roof but decided to go with Carpathian Grey after viewing both with the Vintage Tan/ Ebony Leather.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts