Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the power distribution ratio between rear/front axles? My dealer still doesn't know.

I believe the F-Pace has a 80/20 ratio, I'm guessing the Velar has a 60/40 default ratio?

·
Registered
421 Posts
This is what I could find in the Workshop Manual:

"The All-Wheel Drive (AWD) system is an intelligent torque on-demand system which is continuously variable.

The vehicle's driveline system operates in an AWD condition until the system determines that traction conditions are acceptable to operate in a Rear Wheel Drive (RWD) condition. If wheel slip is then encountered when in RWD the driveline system will then return to AWD.

The system automatically routes torque to all four wheels, varying the distribution between front and rear axles as necessary.

The design includes several innovative features, for example:

An electro-hydraulic actuator that provides clutch actuation with immediate response.
Pump-less lubrication which helps to enhance fuel economy.
Active oil sump level control.
The AWD system is designed to intervene earlier than the stability control system, to provide greater stability and traction. This is achieved by distributing torque to the axle with the most available grip to maximise traction and reduce the amount of intervention required by the stability control system.

The continuously variable AWD system also has the added benefit of being more fuel efficient than permanent AWD systems."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.