Votes: 9 18.8%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VelarMan said:
Dodge - I was right (so far) :D
I didn't argue that you were wrong about the most popular price range just that there may be people who we don't want to insult for having a basic spec car. I do agree tho that once you start adding things it soon shoots up in price. I feel that i have missed out on so many options even though the car I ordered is £65k. i.e extended leather, lumbar support, 22" wheels, bigger engine, surround camera etc etc. I guess thats your point - you only feel satisfied that you have value for money if you have ordered a £75k+ car and got everything you want.

·
Registered
727 Posts
It's fine if he/she thought it was an insult as it's only 1% of this forum so far :D The above results kind of back my Theory that this car should have been pitched much above the silly £45k starting point that JLR kept for the Velar. It should have started from £55k onwards with a bit more kit thrown in IMHO.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I do think something to factor in is the residuals are strong on the Velar, so despite the sticker shock, people (like me) crossed shopped between this an ostensibly cheaper options - X3, Q5, XC60, F-Pace - and found a 60k ish Velar (agree this is what you end up spending to get a decent spec) is in the same ballpark. For example, my P250 is costing less than a comparable F-Pace despite 7k or so difference on list

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The residuals are definitely the most important along with the APR. I too was comparing cars like you sq5, XC60 and GLC. Nearly went with the new XC60 as was impressed with the new model and top spec with every option including air suspension and concert music system (£2.5k option!) came to 53k. The velar was £10k more but the monthly payments were near on the same. This made me switch back to the Velar. Whilst is doesn't have as good spec as the Volvo it makes up more so in style!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts