Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I am due to receive my Velar with 20 alloys (rdynamic se) in January next year.

I currently have a x5 F15 2016 with 20 alloys as well - thing is I am travelling to the alps in December and will need winter tyres for the car - this will be a new purchase therefore I was keen to buy tyres that could be used both on my current wheels for the x5 but something that I could keep in the garage for future uses in the Velar.

I believe the x5 runs 275 fronts and 315 rears, on the 20" alloys at 40 profile - from pictures it seems that the Velar runs 255 55 20 on its 20 alloys.

The complex question is, will there be a tyre size that could be used on both cars noting the rims are both the same size?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
449 Posts
First I thought it is very unlikely that you can get one set of tires that will fit the X5 and the Velar.

The size is one thing and it gats more unlikely because the weight and speed index will need to match also. But then I looked the types up and the X5 gets for example
Front: 275/40 R20 106W rear: 315/35 R20 110W
the Velar needs
275/40 R20 106W 315/35 R20 110W

Sounds like a match. But I would recommend to ask you dealer.

Did you consider to get a used set of winter tires for the X5, since you're not going to use them much?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, appreciate the answer.

I thought the Velar wouldn't take this size of tyre on the rears, but it may make sense to have a tyre to fit both

Where did you manage to check the match?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.