First pics

Post pictures of your Range Rover Velar here
Simonh

Re: First pics

Post by Simonh » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:45 am

Looks great, my Corris Velar is on its way to my dealer (an ex-LR management car I got a great deal on). Can't wait !
Velar HSE D240 - MY19 (1st Range Rover and my 10th LR now)
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

Graeme

Post by Graeme » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:31 pm

tspdavey wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:09 pm
mrgandfriends.co.uk wrote:
tspdavey wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:27 pm
ImageImage

Currently road tripping to Portofino and Aix-En-Provence, then on to Tuscany.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m sure you could have parked closer to that tree though !!!!!
Parking in old Italian streets is a nightmare with this beast!

Hi tspdavey

Hoping to take delivery of my new Velar on 1st Sept and then we will be driving over to Italy later that week for most of the month for our wedding.
Would be interested if you had any tips, including the route you used and of course anything I should look out for on such a long journey in that great car. FYI our wedding is near Naples and then we will be driving back through Tuscany, Florence, La Spezia, Lake Como and Switzerland....

Hope you've enjoyed your trip!
Order placed 03/05/19 for a 20MY (Sept 2019 Delivery)
D240 R-Dynamic HSE
Narvik Black, Light oyster/ebony interior
Black Pack, Sliding Pano Roof, 9007 22" alloys
Fog lights, Heated st wheel, Priv glass
Dynamic Pack, Amb lighting, 360 Camera

tspdavey

Post by tspdavey » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:56 pm

Graeme wrote:
tspdavey wrote:
mrgandfriends.co.uk wrote: I’m sure you could have parked closer to that tree though !!!!!

Hi tspdavey

Hoping to take delivery of my new Velar on 1st Sept and then we will be driving over to Italy later that week for most of the month for our wedding.
Would be interested if you had any tips, including the route you used and of course anything I should look out for on such a long journey in that great car. FYI our wedding is near Naples and then we will be driving back through Tuscany, Florence, La Spezia, Lake Como and Switzerland....

First of all - hope you have a deep pocket!
Fuel is very expensive for petrol, around £1.60 a litre, and I was driving a P300 with average 25 mpg for the trip. Speeds on french motorways were around 90mph on average hence the fuel use. Plus tolls!

Anyway we went on a Thursday evening, eurotunnel then 1.5h drive to Saint Quentin. Quick overnight stopped then drove to Lyon, then Provence before staying just outside Nice (hotel du clos - fab Michelin starred restaurant and reasonable as well!). Then drove on to Portofino for lunch (v narrow streets) but right by the harbour there is multi story parking. Then on along the beautiful coastal route to pisa, Florence where we stayed outside in a villa.

Back we went up to Courmayeur, under Mont Blanc (€45 tunnel one way!) and stayed overnight in besancon in France.

In Tuscany I would recommend Siena (the best car park is car park san Francesco as it has a escalator up to the city and the others don’t), san gimignano, montepulciano. Try and see the palio or a practice run of the Palio in Siena.

For the car make sure you have the requirements namely GB sticker (magnetic ones don’t work on the velar as I found out!), fluorescent jacket for each person, triangle, breathalyser conforming to standards etc.

Otherwise we loved it and it was a great trip inImage the car.

Graeme

Post by Graeme » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:19 pm

tspdavey wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:56 pm
Graeme wrote:
tspdavey wrote:

Hi tspdavey

First of all - hope you have a deep pocket!
Fuel is very expensive for petrol, around £1.60 a litre, and I was driving a P300 with average 25 mpg for the trip. Speeds on french motorways were around 90mph on average hence the fuel use. Plus tolls!

Anyway we went on a Thursday evening, eurotunnel then 1.5h drive to Saint Quentin. Quick overnight stopped then drove to Lyon, then Provence before staying just outside Nice (hotel du clos - fab Michelin starred restaurant and reasonable as well!). Then drove on to Portofino for lunch (v narrow streets) but right by the harbour there is multi story parking. Then on along the beautiful coastal route to pisa, Florence where we stayed outside in a villa.

Back we went up to Courmayeur, under Mont Blanc (€45 tunnel one way!) and stayed overnight in besancon in France.

In Tuscany I would recommend Siena (the best car park is car park san Francesco as it has a escalator up to the city and the others don’t), san gimignano, montepulciano. Try and see the palio or a practice run of the Palio in Siena.

For the car make sure you have the requirements namely GB sticker (magnetic ones don’t work on the velar as I found out!), fluorescent jacket for each person, triangle, breathalyser conforming to standards etc.

Otherwise we loved it and it was a great trip inImage the car.

Great tips mate thanks! Luckily (or maybe not) im rolling with a D240 so my MPG should be considerably better :)

I think day 1 (also leaving on a Thursday) I should make it to Reims. Then day 2 looking to make progress through as much of Italy as possible so will probably look to cross around the Geneva area and slip past Milan. See if I can make it to Bologna or Florence.

As luck would have it my broker called and my car is now with the dealership! So will be picking up 2nd Sept and off we go on the 5th :) hopefully i'll get time to get a decent ceramic coating on it.
Order placed 03/05/19 for a 20MY (Sept 2019 Delivery)
D240 R-Dynamic HSE
Narvik Black, Light oyster/ebony interior
Black Pack, Sliding Pano Roof, 9007 22" alloys
Fog lights, Heated st wheel, Priv glass
Dynamic Pack, Amb lighting, 360 Camera

Return to “Members Gallery”