Range Rover Velar Forum banner

D300 HSE First Edition in Silver Flux

9K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  geniusloci 
#1 ·
Figured I'm posting images in the wrong section (here), so from now on I will use this thread.

The car back when I got it in June, 22 inch style 9007 wheels:

The car with new Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season tyres and 21 inch Momo RF-04 wheels:

Yesterday after fixing TPMS issues and installing sound booster:

See less See more
#4 ·
I would have loved the original wheels if they had been 20's but sorry those Momo's look really cheap and nasty (maybe it's the photos that don't do them justice".

#6 ·
I'd love to keep the 22's but driving at 2.6-2.7 bar (cold) and feeling every small imperfection on the road, including the rough tarmac that was prefered for so many years on the roads in Eastern Europe (in Romania I've even driven on large concrete blocks road, same as the street I live on, but with 50 mph limit instead of 20 , it's nuts) , is a bit too much.

Still, for the love of how brilliant they look, I'd live with all that, but then there is the constant risk of ruining them over some pothole and because of the weather variance here (and the widespread corruption) we get a lot of these each year. Imagine driving constantly fearing damaging them. And they are really hard to fix if damaged, btw.

yasmar said:
I would have loved the original wheels if they had been 20's but sorry those Momo's look really cheap and nasty (maybe it's the photos that don't do them justice".
I don't think you'd like the 22's if they were 20 inch. I tried photoshoping them scaled and they are just funny. There are Chinese knock-offs of style 9007 in 22 and also 20 inches, but they just look poor when downsized. The whole appeal of the 22-inch is they fill in the arches so well. Plus the style, of course.

Next best for me were the style 5047 diamond turned, and I'm still negotiating over a set of these for the winter. Wife doesn't like them because of looking "like flower" (and yeah, you can't unsee that once you see it).

You can try many 3rd party sets that have a render here: https://www.alufelgenshop.at/land-rover-range-velar-ly-alufelgen/3-0l-d300-221kw-300-ps/#!felgenfilter/zoll=20/zoll=21/sortiert=empfehlung

#7 ·
geniusloci said:
I'd love to keep the 22's but driving at 2.6-2.7 bar (cold) and feeling every small imperfection on the road, including the rough tarmac that was prefered for so many years on the roads in Eastern Europe (in Romania I've even driven on large concrete blocks road, same as the street I live on, but with 50 mph limit instead of 20 , it's nuts) , is a bit too much.

Still, for the love of how brilliant they look, I'd live with all that, but then there is the constant risk of ruining them over some pothole and because of the weather variance here (and the widespread corruption) we get a lot of these each year. Imagine driving constantly fearing damaging them. And they are really hard to fix if damaged, btw.

yasmar said:
I don't think you'd like the 22's if they were 20 inch. I tried photoshoping them scaled and they are just funny. There are Chinese knock-offs of style 9007 in 22 and also 20 inches, but they just look poor when downsized. The whole appeal of the 22-inch is they fill in the arches so well. Plus the style, of course.

Next best for me were the style 5047 diamond turned, and I'm still negotiating over a set of these for the winter. Wife doesn't like them because of looking "like flower" (and yeah, you can't unsee that once you see it).

You can try many 3rd party sets that have a render here: https://www.alufelgenshop.at/land-rover-range-velar-ly-alufelgen/3-0l-d300-221kw-300-ps/#!felgenfilter/zoll=20/zoll=21/sortiert=empfehlung
First of all I thought the original alloys were OEM - and I did say I'd prefer the 20"s. The crazy thing about alloys is, they appear to fill the wheel arch but the overall diameter of the alloy and tyre is the same it doesn't change - otherwise we'd have to recalibrate the speedo. What does change is the handling and the ride, so I'll stick to my 20's, anyone who tries to offroad is 22"s is mad as far as I'm concerned!

#8 ·
yasmar said:
First of all I thought the original alloys were OEM - and I did say I'd prefer the 20"s. The crazy thing about alloys is, they appear to fill the wheel arch but the overall diameter of the alloy and tyre is the same it doesn't change - otherwise we'd have to recalibrate the speedo. What does change is the handling and the ride, so I'll stick to my 20's, anyone who tries to offroad is 22"s is mad as far as I'm concerned!
Oh, ofc I'm talking about how they visually fill the arches, there is no difference in the overall wheel+tyre diameter. There is a difference in width though, 20" are 8.5 wide and cannot fit 265mm tyres.

I've misunderstood your post about the 20's. I don't like the car on 20", and only like the looks of 1032 styles (dark grey satin and diamond turned, but the latter is hard to find, JLR ptices are insane).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.