Range Rover Velar Forum banner

My own personal Pre-Delivery Inspection

16K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  jb4647 
#1 ·
Having rejected our Jaguar F-Pace back in April 2017, I am taking no chances with the replacement RR Velar. Today I popped across to my dealer (Lloyd Kelso) to complete my own Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI).

I received a call from the dealer earlier in the week to confirm that our RR Velar had been delivered, that they had completed their own first stage dealer PDI and so now was the time for me to do what I needed to do!

I am relieved to confirm that the Velar appears to be perfect. Here are some images. I hope you enjoy taking a peek. Collection is booked for 23 September.

Best wishes,

Arianne

Air suspension set at lowest level

Air suspension set at highest level (mud ruts & wading)

Suspension at highest setting

Rear wiper tucked under tailgate roof spoiler

Motif on B-pillar

See less See more
#6 ·
^ According to the manual, the larger one is for the remote release rear seat lever.

The smaller one has two slots, one is for the electrically deployable tow ball:
White Rectangle Font Line Parallel

The other looks like it's for manual control of the air suspension:
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Product Automotive tail & brake light

Attachments

#9 ·
I think it needs to have the configurable dynamics which is part of the on/off road package I think.

#14 ·
VelarMan said:
Congrats Arrianne - shy so long for delivery!?
The dealer has a special weekend event taking place across 16/17 September and so they are not booking any handovers for this period. There's always something up here - farmers' show, pony club event, annual Borders' ride out etc. And because these all have off-road / towing connotations you can see why the dealer is heavily hooked up due to LandRover being so connected with this type of lifestyle.

I can do weekdays but this is a family event and so I need a time when all of us are available for the big day! And that means weekends only. So we agreed on 23 September as a result.

Gives me time to arrange my insurance etc. Looking forward it very much, as is Mrs A.

Best wishes,

Arianne

#17 ·
Lancer said:
VelarMan, does your FE have any operational boot buttons? Mine has none...only shopping hooks and, annoyingly, no quick release rear seat operators. I have to use the ones on the bak of the back seats themselves. Just checking I haven't been short changed!
Oh will take a look tonight! I don't know - it certainly does not have the seat release as I had done that manually the other day.

#19 ·
I had the rear seat release levers accessible from the boot in my F-Pace. That was when they were a £55 option and, at that price, why not?

The trouble is, when I received the F-Pace, I never really used them. We lower the seats very occasionally and it really is no great problem doing so from the two rear doors. From recollection, the price of this option has increased somewhat on the RR Velar and so I didn't bother with it.

Likewise, I fully understand why if one wants to hitch a trailer, it might be very useful to lower the suspension from the boot. But for most other purposes I can manage perfectly well by selecting the button on the display.

As previously said, we are all unique. I spent my money (well Mrs A and my money) on an upgraded sound system, configurable interior lighting, an activity bracelet key (this being a huge boon when I play football and don't want to leave my keys in a jacket hanging on the goal netting or when skiing - worrying that my keys may fall into the snow in an accident and then I am locked out when returning to the car park at the end of the day on the mountain). These are the things, along with the V6 Diesel engine, that I personally value along with a plethora of other upgrades that we managed to choose. And it is this degree of personalisation that I love so much when buying a new car - otherwise I would just buy one off of the lot with a fairly standard configuarion.

Roll on 23 September!!!

Best wishes to all.

Arianne

#21 ·
shw said:
Looks awesome Arianne, the interior is very similar to mine. Can I ask what trim you went for? Is it the Argento Pinstripe Veneer?
Satin charcoal ash door finishers. £80 and they look great - very pleased with our choice.

Arianne

#23 ·
Thanks Piers, lovely car. Truly.

Arianne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.