Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Cup Holder Cover!

150K views 252 replies 134 participants last post by  chc240 
#1 ·
Hello folks,

Here are some images of the fabulous cup holder cover that I have for my Velar. The finish is identical to the piano black gloss, as you can see. It has a little cut-out so that you can lift it off when you want to access & use the cup holders underneath.

Personally I absolutely hate the open cup holders. They spoil the look of the interior, collect crumbs and other detritus - I never understood why JLR didn't include it with the car in the first place.

However, I remembered a great guy from my time on the Jaguar Velar forum. His name is Mike Gurney and he actually makes the covers himself. So I pinged him a Private Message from the F-Pace forum and asked if he would make a prototype for me. Mike did and it's shown below.

If you're interested then add your post to this thread. Mike will read it and, when we have a few interested folk, he will make up a batch. Not sure about the price (less than you think) but Mike will no doubt add a post and give us an indicative price.

He is a genuine guy, trusted and delivered for lots of us on the Jaguar XE / F-Pace forum and I have no business association with him other than what I have described above (he pinged me a free prototype to help him get the sizes right).

Anyway, I love it. It's a snug fit and doesn't rattle or shift around (as is the case with my whole RR Velar cabin which is rattle and vibration free).

Best wishes,

Arianne

See less See more
Reactions: Shropshire Lad
#5 ·
Hi Arianne,

NIce initiative. I am in too !

#6 ·
Definitely interested in finding out more, please (although I, too, am worried about it scratching if it needs to go into the door pockets).

#7 ·
VelarMan said:
How does it function? Does it just lift off and you say put it in the door pocket whilst using the cup holder? If so worried it would scratch quickly?
Yes, it's a simple process of lifting it off and popping it somewhere safe until you need it again. I would choose the glove box, passenger or rear seats rather than the door pockets for the reason you have given.

Personally, I will rarely lift it out of position but, when I do, I will tuck it inside the leaf cover of the massive user manual that resides in the glove box!

Regards

Arianne

#8 ·
Omar1 said:
Looks like it was made by JLR, I am very interested.

P.s your car looks great
True on both counts! Thanks for your kind words - image of the car shows it with the suspension dropped automatically on parking to the lowest setting for access / exit of the elderly parents we sometimes transport!

Just done 2,000 miles. Love the car and will write a mid-term report shortly.

Best wishes,

Arianne

#15 ·
Thank you Arianne for your fantastic pictures
The cover Arianne has was the first one I have produced, if I receive enough interest in the cover I will produce a batch for sale, your comments on scratching if stored has been taken on board and I am going to supply a velvet bag to store the cover in........ Price would be £28.95 including UK postage & packing. Delivery would be approximately 2 weeks
If interested please e-mail me mike.gurd3@tiscali.co.uk

#16 ·
Hello Mike,

Any chance of a velvet bag for my prototype when you make up the next batch? Sorry to be cheeky!

Arianne

#22 ·
Arianne said:
Omar1 said:
Looks like it was made by JLR, I am very interested.

P.s your car looks great
True on both counts! Thanks for your kind words - image of the car shows it with the suspension dropped automatically on parking to the lowest setting for access / exit of the elderly parents we sometimes transport!

Just done 2,000 miles. Love the car and will write a mid-term report shortly.

Best wishes,

Arianne
I jumped from a D180 to a D240 for that reason I felt the fact it lowers would be very helpful in that regard.

Yes I looking forward to reading your review, very informative. I recently finished the rover forum thread you recommended was a very interesting read too.

#24 ·
Lancer said:
I would love to have one. Much prettier than the gaping hole! How do we arrange it?
You ping Mike an email. His post and contact details are on page 2 of this thread but here it is again.....

mike.gurd3@tiscali.co.uk

Enjoy!

Arianne