Speakers crackling amongst other things

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
Silverspeed

Re: Speakers crackling amongst other things

Post by Silverspeed » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:57 pm

Mine went in for a few things including crackling speakers - 19A didn't fix the issue . I have some sympathy with the dealer because for 3 days after the car returned it was fine then suddenly back again . The mentioned to me about changing the Amp on its next visit . Mine has he 1600W system - just a shame I cant enjoy it every day without the dreaded cracking ( which is also heard when parking sensors are activated) .
D300HSE R Dynamic Black Pack
Indus Silver
Eclipse/Ebony
Fixed Panoramic Roof
Black Contrast Roof
360 Cameras
Signature sound
TR2 with Dynamic
HUD
Four Zone Climate
ATPC
Full Size Spare
Privacy

BootneckShuffle

Post by BootneckShuffle » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:00 pm

I’ve spoken with JLR on several occasions now and they’ve assured me that it is 100% a software issue and they’re working on a fix.

Cyberstaff

Post by Cyberstaff » Mon May 13, 2019 10:46 pm

I have a March 2019 built RD HSE, 2 weeks in to ownership and i have crackling. Not contacted JLR yet.

I would hazard a guess that it may be interference from power sources or power cables run to close to speaker cables.

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri May 17, 2019 12:32 am

BootneckShuffle wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:00 pm
I’ve spoken with JLR on several occasions now and they’ve assured me that it is 100% a software issue and they’re working on a fix.
I would not believe everything they tell you ! They have been saying the same thing over and over again I’m on 3rd update !! It’s definitely hardware linked issue to do with the amp as it plays on all sources.

Halifaxian

Post by Halifaxian » Fri May 17, 2019 2:17 am

If it was a design issue it would affect everyone I therefore suspect that it's a quality issue in that ceretain components or install techniques are defective. If it's software then it's athan I'd suggest maybe it's related to the individuals config......just thouggts
Dynamic SE 180
Silicon Silver
Black Roof
Privacy Glass
Heated Steering Wheel
Acorn
Extended Leather
Drivers pack ACC
Full panaramic roof
No car

BootneckShuffle

Post by BootneckShuffle » Fri May 17, 2019 8:43 am

Well all I can say is if they’re lying and it’s NOT software related, then they’re in for a huge shock as far as I’m concerned personally.

Gervel300d

Post by Gervel300d » Sat May 18, 2019 12:31 pm

So i have the Crackling too. But what i definatly can say, If the Start Stop System makes a engine shutdown, afterwards the crackling fades out everytime. IT then nevercomes back during the whole trip. Crackling occours only after Start.
I cant Imagine that this ist a hardware issue. Seems like garbadge on the BUS which is eliminatet maybe during a reset bay Start Stop in some components. Baut not the amp which stays Alice during startStop

Jm2c

zmanrx350

Post by zmanrx350 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:22 pm

zmanrx350 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:48 pm
Yesterday I asked my LR service advisor if he fixed the audio crackling through the speakers. Much to my surprise, he said "Yes". I asked, "how do you know?" He said it was described as a fix in TSB # LTB01108NAS5 . Well, I can tell you it is NOT a fix. I drove later that evening and heard the speaker crackling while listening to various Satellite channels and FM radio station. I'll see what how he replies to this now and keep the this forum thread posted.
Today, unfortunately I was NOT able to reproduce the crackle with the Shop Foreman in the car. So, they will do nothing at this point to try and fix it.
MY'19,R-Dynamic HSE P380,Firenze Red,Textile Wool seats-Ebony/Light Oyster,20-way seats w/ massage,Convenience Pk, Driver Assist Pk,1600W Meridian,Active differential,Black Pack,HUD display,Climate Pk,On/Off Road Pk,20" PVD chrome wheels,19A software

Nunp

Post by Nunp » Wed May 22, 2019 8:52 pm

Annoyingly the crackle and pop is happening with more frequency, almost daily now. Used to happen a couple of times per month. Software update can’t come soon enough!
D180 R-Dynamic SE in Corris Grey, 21 10 Spoke Satin Grey alloys, Privacy glass, Ebony grained leather, Fixed panoramic sunroof, Smartphone pack, No Roof Rails, No Derivative and/or Engine Badge

msarshid@gmail.com

Post by msarshid@gmail.com » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:42 am

Nick wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:14 pm
I have experienced this fault from day one back in Oct 2018 - I think it is on every Velar the ones that say is ok believe it’s happening you just not aware of it. I have 2 Velars same fault my brother bought a 19 plate - drove out of showroom same fault.

Getting so cheesed of with it they updated to the new 19A saying it a defo fix it made it worse. So drove it to dealers whilst it was happening the engineer came out taken a audio recording of the fault- shall now raise a warranty claim against JLR he thinks it’s the Amp as it happens on all sources or may be a loose connection somewhere.
Hopefully they can finally fix. You pay £55k plus for a car you expect it to work !
Agreed!!!! So today the dealer has just rang me to say "Good News Mr Arshid - We have fixed the problem" - Yes SatPal you have said the same thing to me the last 4 times it has been in!!! :oops:

Yet to see if the problem has been resolved - will keep all updated

Return to “Faults & Technical”