Navigation Maps Stuttering

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
KRG

Navigation Maps Stuttering

Post by KRG » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:11 pm

Forgive me if this has been covered. I searched and didn't come up with anything.

After countless software updates my infotainment system seems to be running adequately. Most of the menus etc are quick and smooth enough to not bother me anymore. However, the navigation maps are horrible and choppy. It's like the system is struggling to render the map and it skips around rather than having a fluid motion. Interestingly, the same thing happens when I use Apple maps via carplay. Its slow and stutters constantly just like the built in nav. It's not a connection problem; I have a super fast mobile connection in my area. This has something to do with the way the software is rendering the map.

Has anyone else experienced this? I hate to keep going back for software update after update but it seems like every time something gets fixed, something else is impacted.
18 Velar R-Dynamic SE P250, Narvik Black/Eclipse

MITO

Re: Navigation Maps Stuttering

Post by MITO » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:43 pm

One thought - could this be related to an issue with the feed from the car's GPS antenna? Both in the in-car Navigation system and Carplay head unit apparently use the car satellite receiver data (rather than the phone's data). If both systems are affected this could be due to a problem with getting that data smoothly - maybe a loose connection somewhere?

Return to “Faults & Technical”