Creaky headliner...easy fix!

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
tyrrellnick

Re: Creaky headliner...easy fix!

Post by tyrrellnick » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:19 pm

Sound tends to resonate in strange ways inside cars. I've been having these pop/crack/creak sounds and I'm convinced it's the way the tailgate is aligned. Pressure in the wrong spots I think pushes on the light bar across the tailgate. I've taken a tip from another section of this forum and put some tape around the tailgate striker (the thing the latch grabs onto) and that solved it for a little while. Tape doesn't last too long so back to the dealer it goes... (19.5 SVA)
19.5 Indus Silver SVAutobiography. Previously D300 HSE R-Dynamic. Australia.

KRG

Post by KRG » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:23 pm

I also think some of it comes from the plastic d-pillar covers and the rear spoiler. Both are thin plastic and creak and squeak when they rub together. I was getting horrible squeaking when going over bumps and it turned out to be that. I had to unscrew the spoiler and put some cloth where it meets the d-pillars to prevent the two plastic pieces from rubbing together when the body flexes. It helped quite a bit but I still get some creaks and squeaks.
18 Velar R-Dynamic SE P250, Narvik Black/Eclipse

777Jet

Post by 777Jet » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:15 am

I also have this issue and looking for a fix. On my next service visit I will mention the post from Robby334, thank you,
2018 Firenze Red P250 SE R-Dynamic
2019 Toyota Tacoma Pro Voodoo Blue

777Jet

Post by 777Jet » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:34 pm

I guess my headliner is more of a rattle on anything but smooth pavement. Sound comes from mid cabin.
Mine goes in today, I will share what the service department comes up with. I was going to attach a short video clip, but guess I can’t.
2018 Firenze Red P250 SE R-Dynamic
2019 Toyota Tacoma Pro Voodoo Blue

Return to “Faults & Technical”