Unable to Connect 012

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
chrissyrw

Unable to Connect 012

Post by chrissyrw » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:01 am

Hello!

I'm no longer able to connect to the internet, sign in to InControl or Live account. I've tried resetting my password and PIN but each time I get an error (Unable to Connect - 012).

My service advisor calls (because I had my car towed in today, that's a whole other topic) to discuss my issues. He said that for that particular problem it is that I am using a T-Mobile Sim card and not an AT&T Sim card. What's funny is I've been using that Sim card since day 31 (first 30 days were on the free trial AT&T card). Am I missing something? I would hate to sign a contract for an AT&T service and that not really being the issue.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm in the US.

Thoughts?
~ Chrissy

Meghan the Duchess:'18 RR Velar P380 SE R-Dynamic
Fuji white (for now), Acorn interior, Ceramic Pro'd

IG: @chrissyrw @duchessvelar

JimH

Re: Unable to Connect 012

Post by JimH » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:07 am

It's happened a couple of times to me (in the UK) when there have been issues with the Land Rover servers - might be worth waiting a day or two (unless this has already been happening for ages?) to see if it sorts itself out....
MY2019.5 D240 SE R Dynamic - Firenze Red, Body Colour roof with fixed panoramic glass and black rails, 21" Style 5047G dark grey with diamond cut finish wheels, Heated windscreen and steering wheel, Adaptive Dynamics, Front fog lights, Privacy glass

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:20 pm

I’ve had that happpen once or twice, though with AT&T. Self resolved after a day or 2. T-mobile shouldn’t be the issue.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior and a number of extras

chrissyrw

Post by chrissyrw » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:48 pm

Quick update - I pushed back a bit on the "you can only use an AT&T Sim card" and asked that they test out the connectivity issue before I head over to pick up my car. And would you believe, they can't get it to connect! They're perplexed on the fix so she's s still at the shop.

On the brightside, got my 32k-mile maintenance done and she now has a new left front air strut. Both air struts have been replaced at this point. Tires are the next big maintenance issue, but I have a little time and will be upgrading anyways.
~ Chrissy

Pat27

Post by Pat27 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:51 pm

Had similar issue in the UK and they ended up replacing the SIM card unit , since then I’ve not had any issues.

chrissyrw

Post by chrissyrw » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:07 pm

Update:The dealer replaced the TCU. Good news is all functionality has been restored and works fine with my T-Mobile SIM card.

Bad news - it's now throwing an SOS Function fault. They can't figure out why. Meanwhile, I've been fielding calls from the JLR emergency response team to let them know I'm OK. Any ideas to pass along to the service team would be greatly appreciated!

Will continue to keep you posted.
~ Chrissy

chrissyrw

Post by chrissyrw » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:51 pm

Final update: The SOS speaker was causing the fault. That's been replaced. They'll be bringing me my car on Monday.
~ Chrissy

Gogsy

Post by Gogsy » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:46 am

Thanks for the update Chrissy. A bit of a peculiar fault, never heard about a faulty SOS speaker!
2018 Firenze Red D240 SE