Tailgate Issue - Potential Recall??

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
geniusloci

Re: Tailgate Issue - Potential Recall??

Post by geniusloci » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:49 pm

The dealer here can't fix unnerving low grating sound coming from tge rear and didn't even look on my problem with noisy stutter from the rear drivetrain at low speeds. Twice now I left the car there. I cannot even imagine explaining that but if they don't fix the other two problems the thirdntime, I'd alsi use this problem with the tailgate and insist on change of car. Shame as I love it, the V6 diesel is brilliant (and I've installed active sound to cope with the lack of growl) and there is no chance to get that same color. Or I would just drive until it breaks.
ImageFirst Edition D300 HSE in Silver Flux Matte, Cete Automotive Active Sound, MOMO RF-04 wheels Pirelli Scorpion All Season tyres

liben96

Post by liben96 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:47 pm

After seeing the video, I have tried again and I have not been able to reproduce it in my 2018 velar. 🧐

PiJazZes@aol.com

Post by PiJazZes@aol.com » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:00 am

liben96 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:47 pm
After seeing the video, I have tried again and I have not been able to reproduce it in my 2018 velar. 🧐
Liben96: well glad to hear that for your sake, and as I’d hope this issue really does not extend back to 2018! Thanks for trying to check!

PiJazZes@aol.com

Post by PiJazZes@aol.com » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:10 am

geniusloci wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:49 pm
The dealer here can't fix unnerving low grating sound coming from tge rear and didn't even look on my problem with noisy stutter from the rear drivetrain at low speeds. Twice now I left the car there. I cannot even imagine explaining that but if they don't fix the other two problems the thirdntime, I'd alsi use this problem with the tailgate and insist on change of car. Shame as I love it, the V6 diesel is brilliant (and I've installed active sound to cope with the lack of growl) and there is no chance to get that same color. Or I would just drive until it breaks.
Geniusloci: wow, sorry to hear all these other issues you are experiencing! A shame that the dealer still cannot figure out how to take care of the noises. And that matte silver finish you have sounds amazing!....my Byron Blue finish is hard enough to find on a V6 here in the US, and part of the reason I’m hesitating to invoke our “lemon law,” which would allow for me to get a replacement at this point already (though at this time, now seeming like the right solution). But I wouldn’t hesitate to push this issue as another reason that something needs to be done for you with numerous unresolved problems!

Clearly the faster and more frequently that LR begins to hear of other dealerships reporting vehicles with this issue, the more serious they will take quickly finding a fix....and potentially a recall!

Seissua

Post by Seissua » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:24 am

PijazZes my LR Dealer in Australia is asking me if you know what your LR Dealer in the US did to 'fix' the tailgate problem which previously existed in your Velar and continues to exist in my February 209 Build Velar. Do you know please if the problem is now fixed in your Velar and if so do you know what the fix was please? Thanks.

bynxy

Post by bynxy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:21 am

happened to me again this weekend I was loading my scuba diving kit and just pushed the rear bumper just off to the left of the middle with my leg and the boot lid started to come down it did it a few times through the day. most annoying and makes you look stupid in front of your friends when all of a sudden you are almost stuck in the back of your own car with your legs hanging out !!!!

Mine an October 2019 build