How do I enable the drivers seat entry and exit mode?

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
Suehan28

How do I enable the drivers seat entry and exit mode?

Post by Suehan28 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:16 pm

I want my seat to move back when the engine is switched off - does the Velar have this mode - can’t find it?

Spencerwilks

Re: How do I enable the drivers seat entry and exit mode?

Post by Spencerwilks » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:25 pm

My drivers seat and steering column moves every time that I enter or exit the car and I have always assumed that this is automatically done once the memory seat position is registered. I have not found any setting for this and would also be pleased to learn if there is one.
2019 2.0 D 240 HSE Aruba/ Windsor Light Oyster heated and cooled 20 way seats, Air Suspension, Deployable Steps ,Matrix LED lights , Extended leather upgrade, Heated steering wheel, Tracker. USA licence plate plinths .Rusty brake discs!

MJS

Post by MJS » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:30 pm

The drivers seat does not have this function. Best you can do is set a position in the drivers seat memory (if available in your vehicle) and the select that number each time you get out the car.

The steering column does move automatically when you open the door, the dial on the right of the steering column turns this on and off. Again only if fitted to the car.
Range Rover Velar HSE 300hp Petrol Red

Spencerwilks

Post by Spencerwilks » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:49 pm

Mine definitely has this seat moving function. Could it be that my car is ex JLR and could have some feature fitted that was being tested out?
2019 2.0 D 240 HSE Aruba/ Windsor Light Oyster heated and cooled 20 way seats, Air Suspension, Deployable Steps ,Matrix LED lights , Extended leather upgrade, Heated steering wheel, Tracker. USA licence plate plinths .Rusty brake discs!

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:39 pm

Spencerwilks wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:49 pm
Mine definitely has this seat moving function. Could it be that my car is ex JLR and could have some feature fitted that was being tested out?
Doubtful. The cars are company cars not test beds ;)

I’ve not looked but this used be in the Convenience settings but maybe not now. The knob on the steering wheel of turned to Auto should enable Easy Entry with the seat dropping and the steering wheel moving up.

https://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/doc ... c/G1802446
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

GSudhir

Post by GSudhir » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:49 pm

I found the feature by accident a while back. Tis feature is available if your steering wheel is electrically adjustable. The round knob on the steering wheel stalk needs to be twisted to auto. The steering moves up and seat drops to lowest position when the driver door is opened provided ignition is turned off.
D300 R Dynamic HSE in Corris Grey with 1033 21 inch alloys
Pano sun roof
Configurable ambient lighting
360 camera
Windsor perforated leather- heated, cooled massage seats

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:01 pm

Errr... that’s what I said above your post 😂
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

HarryR

Post by HarryR » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:46 pm

So, after reading this thread I had a look at my steering column a couple of days ago and discovered that it does have the auto setting on the adjuster knob. I flicked it on and lo and behold it does exactly what it says on the tin. It’s only taken me a year to discover this helpful feature so thanks to those that pointed me in the right direction. 🙂

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:38 pm

LOL - As a bit of a geek I always read the manual ;)

Glad you found it and now have the easy entry option working 👍🏼
Velar HSE D240 - MY19