Connected accounts gone from menu

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
ABZBOB

Connected accounts gone from menu

Post by ABZBOB » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:54 pm

Good afternoon all, hope someone can help assist with my problem. Spotify had stopped playing any of my music, i could select play lists albums ect but nothing would play. I thought that it may have just been a connection problem to Spotify so left it. Got into the car this afternoon and Spotfy APP is no longer present, went to the menu to check connected accounts and that option is no longer on the menus either, weird. Check the software update in case this had been done without me know and had removed it, but there has been no update still the same.
Anybody else had this issue before I contact the completely useless Stealer for non assistance !!.
MY21 D300 SE R-Dynamic, Igor grey.

Hedders

Re: Connected accounts gone from menu

Post by Hedders » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:45 pm

Sorry I can’t help you as my MY21 is at the dealers. It’s been there for over three weeks, and have no idea when I’ll get it back. The dealer is as frustrated as I am with JLR technical support. It’s its fourth visit in 3 months of ownership!!! Everything is software related - the rest of the car is stunning!
New Velar P400 R-Dynamic HSE MY21
Carpathian Grey, Black pano roof, 22” wheels.

ABZBOB

Post by ABZBOB » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:48 pm

I had the same in-control issues as every one else with a MY21 Velar, not being able to sign into my account in the car, but quick visit to the dealer got it sorted.
I was annoyed that I had to tell them what the issue was and how to fix it though, ridiculous.
But the Spotify and parking connected apps where working fine, until yesterday when Spotify wouldn't play, then disappeared from the screen altogether.
I am hoping it will just reappear again so I don't have to call the clown patrol.

GreyPaint

Post by GreyPaint » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:34 pm

I'd agree with above - I had to tell 2 x dealerships about the InControl shared secrets issue! They are shipping cars with the issue and passing to customers with the same issue being there...
I haven't ever been able to get Spotify on my Velar but since I use the free version on my phone, with adverts, I didn't bother.
I had to ask the JLR team to eventually promise to call the dealership on day4, to try to get my car back.

Car Mechanics ain't software technicians - so dealerships better get more prepared for this going forward!
2021 Velar P400e R-Dynamic SE, 21” diamond alloys, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel

Totem

Post by Totem » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:51 pm

If the apps have disappeared are you sure you are logged into incontrol or your profile has not been deleted. This is an ongoing issue that JLR are aware off and new Pivi software due for release on 26th April to fix this.
MY21 Velar HSE P400e, Eiger Grey, Light Oyster, Pano Roof, etc.
MY19 R Dynamic S P250 Byron Blue, Black Pack, Black Wheels, Contrast Pano Roof, Drive Pack, AD, Surround Cameras & Interactive Display.

Fenton

Post by Fenton » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:40 pm

I had a phone call from LR Dealership yesterday saying they don't know when the Pivi/InControl software upgrade will be ready.
If it's written by the type of firmware people I work with then procrastination & prevarication is the default setting.

The LR Dealership have provisionally booked me in for the end of April , I assume, to tick their boxes.
I don't know if this pathetically slow performance applies to all JLR Pivi models.

Snipperty

Post by Snipperty » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:03 pm

Fenton wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:40 pm
I had a phone call from LR Dealership yesterday saying they don't know when the Pivi/InControl software upgrade will be ready.
If it's written by the type of firmware people I work with then procrastination & prevarication is the default setting.

The LR Dealership have provisionally booked me in for the end of April , I assume, to tick their boxes.
I don't know if this pathetically slow performance applies to all JLR Pivi models.
My car was booked in next week on the assumption that the Pivi Pro software update had been released and any remaining issues were going to be investigated. My dealer has being trying to get some info from JLR regarding the release date. Apparently engineering and the software team are all off for Easter, pretty extraordinary given the mess Pivi Pro currently is. Thought they’d be working flat out. Utter shambles!
D200 R- Dynamic SE, MY21. Byron Blue, Sliding panoramic roof, air suspension, dynamic handling pack, premium cabin lighting, front fog lights, cabin air ionisation.

ABZBOB

Post by ABZBOB » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:49 pm

Totem wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:51 pm
If the apps have disappeared are you sure you are logged into incontrol or your profile has not been deleted. This is an ongoing issue that JLR are aware off and new Pivi software due for release on 26th April to fix this.
The apps have now appeared again, weird and I thought they might, but yes I was still logged into the account, not had that problem of being logged out.