ICTP iPhone integration...awful

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
AntK

Re: ICTP iPhone integration...awful

Post by AntK » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:01 am

Hi Mwas123,

I am trying to do two things;

1) Use my Iphone 5S (current Ios 11.2) as a mobile hotspot to avoid the need for a separate data SIM plan. I was told this can only be done via a data SIM so I have ordered one through Amazon.
2) Use the Incontrol Apps via my Iphone plugged into the USB

My car was in the dealership from last Thursday until yesterday. They updated the software which they say takes 4 hours, unless it crashes, in which case they need to start again! I was told they had been in contact with the LR Technical team.

This has not fixed the issue and still cannot get the Incontrol app to work.

I will await the arrival of my SIM card and try again.

I will also contact LR Customer Service. They must be aware of this issue!

garybb

Post by garybb » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:33 am

I have the problem which means that any call I make (an iPhone X) drops out for 4-6 seconds every minute or so. It doesn't disconnect the call, it just puts the radio back on, and at the other end I just go dead for the 4-6 seconds before reconnecting. It happens on every call, and not just once, it keeps happening. Although the problem is mentioned in a few posts - including this thread, I can't see any fix? Does anyone know what I can do?

Ludo

Post by Ludo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:57 pm

AntK wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:01 am
Hi Mwas123,

I am trying to do two things;

1) Use my Iphone 5S (current Ios 11.2) as a mobile hotspot to avoid the need for a separate data SIM plan. I was told this can only be done via a data SIM so I have ordered one through Amazon.
2) Use the Incontrol Apps via my Iphone plugged into the USB

My car was in the dealership from last Thursday until yesterday. They updated the software which they say takes 4 hours, unless it crashes, in which case they need to start again! I was told they had been in contact with the LR Technical team.

This has not fixed the issue and still cannot get the Incontrol app to work.

I will await the arrival of my SIM card and try again.

I will also contact LR Customer Service. They must be aware of this issue!
about your 1st inquiry : data sim a cheap nowadays (5 € / month in France) and they are worth the buy, as they will provide your car with instant data without you having to bother wether the car has connected properly to your iphone hotspot. this is usefull to get Live trafic info for the satnav. so the velar is always connected and becomes a wifi hotspot to which my Iphone connects in wifi automatically when I sit in the car. (suposed to have a better 4G thanks to the roof antenna). It gives good stability for spotify

2/ in control apps to USB. good luck to you : USB is not stable, at least for my car. I get it to work 90% of the time but sometimes usually after 4 days without driving , I loose the paramaters and have to run my routine again (see this post above)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY18 Velar D180 R-Dyn S, Corris, Black sliding pano roof, 20'' black rims, Black leather, Teinted glass. delivered oct. 2
2014 Freelander 2 D160 HSE

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:11 am

As above data only sims are becoming cheaper. I got 24gb over 24 months (whichever expires soonest) for £40 via amazon

boess001

Post by boess001 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:56 am

This Amazon offer seems to be a good and cheap solution. I regulary drive my new Velar in Belgium and the Netherlands and 2 times a year to Greece. Only the Amazon.co.uk site shows this item and so I wonder if this suitable for Belgium and the Netherlands and what's happen when I drive to Greece, related to the roaming issue. Maybe you can tell me but I realize that the provider knows the details.

testndoc

Post by testndoc » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:54 pm

Same issues for me with iPhone X and iPod Touch, both running iOS 11. I have had my Velar 1st edition for about a week, and have had the USB ports to consistently not recognize either Apple device. I have a usb thumb drive, with FLAC files on it, and it is always recognized. This is very frustrating as many people above have posted. Is a major software update due anytime soon???

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:21 am

Yes sometime this month.

Return to “Faults & Technical”