DAB Reception

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
cianelectric

DAB Reception

Post by cianelectric » Wed May 09, 2018 8:10 am

Hi all, my car was with Land Rover last week to replace the headlining under warranty.

Since I've got it back, the DAB reception on BBC stations is really bad - it keeps cutting in and out (I'm in the UK in Bristol area). Does anyone know if they'd have to disconnect the DAB aerial or disturb it in some way when they replace the headlining? (the windscreen has to also come out in order to replace it so it's quite a big job). Or anyone know where the aerial is located in the car?

It may just be a coincidence but I wondered if the two things were linked, as I hadn't noticed a problem with DAB reception before.
D240 SE Corris / Acorn Leather with lots of options (including extended leather, aluminium door trim, sliding roof, air suspension, electric tow bar, activity key)
Thinkware dashcam front and rear

cianelectric

Re: DAB Reception

Post by cianelectric » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:03 pm

The car was back in land rover last week but they said they couldn’t find a problem.

Question to anyone in the uk really... today I drove from Heathrow to Bristol - and radio 2 cut out probably 50-100 times in total during the 2 hour journey on the m25 and m4. Is that typical?! Or if you did a similar journey would your dab keep its signal?

Thanks!
D240 SE Corris / Acorn Leather with lots of options (including extended leather, aluminium door trim, sliding roof, air suspension, electric tow bar, activity key)

cianelectric

Post by cianelectric » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:24 am

Hi all, even with my dash cam disconnected which seemed to be causing a DAB problem, my DAB still will cut out occasionally on the motorway- probably a few times an hour on a long journey.

Is that normal for others? Does your dab sometimes cut out? Keen to know if my Velar is unusual in this or not.

Thanks!

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:08 pm

Can’t say I’ve noticed a problem with DAB.
D240 HSE 18MY. Firenze Red, Eclipse Interior, Panoramic Roof, Air Suspension
20 way electric seats with 14 way memory :-(
Software Version: 20B1

AlterBridged

Post by AlterBridged » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:41 pm

Anyway to get more dab stations, only got about 12 or something, or is it dependant on location?

Loz

Post by Loz » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:00 pm

I have found DAB coverage to be poor in less populated areas or undulating countryside where hills block the signal. That said I have found motorway coverage substantially better than 50 to 100 instances of no coverage. Maybe a disconnect between aerial and receiver due to work being carried out? I assume the aerial cable runs behind the headlining to the aerial.

PodGibbs

Post by PodGibbs » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:30 pm

I travel from Somerset to Lodon 2 or 3 times a week and have no problem on BBC stations.
Infact reception is better on DAB than my last Audi.
D300SE+ Options..

cianelectric

Post by cianelectric » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:04 am

Thanks PodGibbs, I’m often on the M4 so I’ll try bbc stations there 🙂