Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Terrible rattle / creaking from roof at the rear

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CDNd180se 
#1 ·
When my Velar was first delivered in September I was so impressed as to how rattle free it was.

A couple of weeks ago it has developed a terrible rattle and creaking from the roof lining area above the rear seats/boot area

Dealership took it on a 1 mile test drive and they agreed it was awful

They have booked it in 'for a few days' as they need to take the roof lining apart .... I'm firmly of the belief that only the factory ever get it back together properly so hope they cure it without creating a whole new set of rattles.

Will report back after the fix. The earliest they could do it is 18 June as that was first time they had a spare courtesy car for long enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Is the creaking like a clicking creaking sound that is not consistent but happens from time to time?

#3 ·
Mine was the headliner rubbing against the roof of the car with body flexing. I loosened the screws on all 4 ceiling mounted grab handles slightly and it went away.

Mine was more of a creaking/crackling than a rattle.

#4 ·
Promised to update after the fix. Dealership kept the car for 2 days. They had the roof lining off and found the issue. Allegedly some loose wiring that needed clipping - anyway they said their top quality control chap took it out for a drive and was still not happy so they fiddled around a bit more. Anyway - normal silent service has returned

They also replaced under warranty with no hesitation the parcel shelf that had bowed.

The software update from a couple of weeks ago seems to have cured all the issues.

So happy punter !

#5 ·
dandanthewatchman said:
Promised to update after the fix. Dealership kept the car for 2 days. They had the roof lining off and found the issue. Allegedly some loose wiring that needed clipping - anyway they said their top quality control chap took it out for a drive and was still not happy so they fiddled around a bit more. Anyway - normal silent service has returned

They also replaced under warranty with no hesitation the parcel shelf that had bowed.

The software update from a couple of weeks ago seems to have cured all the issues.

So happy punter !

Thanks for the update glad to hear they sorted it all out.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.