Pure disappointment

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
Paulvelard300

Pure disappointment

Post by Paulvelard300 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:24 pm

Picked up my new velar today from Farnell Land Rover in Bolton. D300 R Dynamic all the bells and whistles First thing the sales lady said was that the front and rear mudflaps and the activity key are on back order and the car would have to come back on Friday to be completed. No prior warning of this. So after a rushed handover I drove away.

Whilst on the motorway I felt my seat and the cabin getting very hot, (even though I’d not touched any settings) went into the lower screen and it had froze, great! I pulled off the motorway got out, locked it, left it for 5 minutes and started it again. The lower screen had come back on but the sunroof shade was opening and closing without pressing anything.

Got home to find a rather large scratch On the bonnet, amateur attempt to cover it up.

Then tried to register in control, and a new car is registered to someone else?

So disappointed that I got home and haven’t looked at in since. Wish I’d kept my sport autobiography!

This is on top of an awful sales experience which is another story!

Buy one at your peril, dealers just want your cash. Had to many bad dealing with Range Rover over the years

AE676698-9318-4FD9-904B-CA5FC38D02E0.jpeg

Last edited by Paulvelard300 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY 2019 Velar D300 R-Dynamic HSE
Yulong White
Privacy Glass
Black Pack
Activity key
panoramic sunroof - Contrast roof
Config Dynamics
Ambient Lighting
22" 9 Split spoke diamond turned
Full Leather
Previous RR Sport Autobiography 2015

Barachus

Re: Pure disappointment

Post by Barachus » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:57 pm

Sorry to hear about that, I am due to pick up mine in a few days
I am dreading these issues, I have asked that it be updated to the latest phase 5 software prior to pickup in the hope of mitigating some of this

Paulvelard300

Post by Paulvelard300 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:59 pm

They didn’t want to know when I mentioned phase 5. Useless to be honest.
Yulong White
Privacy Glass
Black Pack
Activity key
Config Dynamics
Ambient Lighting
Full Leather

J77

Post by J77 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:00 am

Poor PDI.

I’ve not had the best 8 months with mine, but it’s still nice car to drive and I’m on a whole still enjoying it.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White

jackrazors

Post by jackrazors » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:00 am

I laugh every time I see the JLR "Above & Beyond" motto.

I had a crack in the upper screen, a cup holder that refused to stay closed and a large glue stain above the driver side door. Luckily I spotted them before signing and after threatening to walk away from the deal, they agreed to fix it all (and they did).

However, I love the Velar!

Paulvelard300

Post by Paulvelard300 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:53 am

Day 2 of owning the car, bottom screen has gone off completely. Looking at rejecting the car! Anyone been down this road and successfully done it?
Yulong White
Privacy Glass
Black Pack
Activity key
Config Dynamics
Ambient Lighting
Full Leather

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:11 pm

Sounds like you have old version of software. Check in settings, if you don’t see an option to check for updates, your software is out of date. If so, another job your dealer didn’t do!
D240 HSE 18MY. Firenze Red, Eclipse Interior, Panoramic Roof, Air Suspension
20 way electric seats with 14 way memory :-(
Software Version: 18B

BainzyBoy

Post by BainzyBoy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:13 pm

Glad I cancelled. Sorry to hear it ruined your day.
MY19 R-Dynamic SE - Narvik Black - Black Pack - "20" 7 Spoke Gloss Black Alloys - Privacy Glass - Adaptive Dynamics Estimated Delivery Nov 2019

way318

Post by way318 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:00 pm

Sorry to you’ve had issues. I’ve had mine since April and (touch wood) I’ve not had any issues. But have heard of plenty of people who have.

Was going to ask the dealer about getting the latest level of software, but apprehensive about doing it. Because as they say, if it’s not broke don’t fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loz

Post by Loz » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:05 pm

I have been suffering the fools for 10.5 months now. Nothing but trouble with the car.

My advice, reject it in writing within the first 30 days of ownership. State the faults and make sure no one starts calling them concerns.

Be very very firm you have rights, exercise them. Even if they do not act straight away and accept your rejection you will be on firmer ground when dealing with the FOS which will take about 12 months plus. My experience has been nothing short of a nightmare. Off to a bad start, it is unlikely to get any better in my experience. Apart from that, the Velar looks good, just shame about the appalling build quality, shocking software and poor durability.

Return to “Faults & Technical”