Pure disappointment

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
RalfRamone

Re: Pure disappointment

Post by RalfRamone » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Paulvelard300 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:53 am
Day 2 of owning the car, bottom screen has gone off completely. Looking at rejecting the car! Anyone been down this road and successfully done it?
Yes I rejected successfully with brakes and software issues after 2 hours of being in possession of the car over the course of a week as dealer failed to fix it.. Just called and said "I reject". Dealer said "don't blame you". Cash purchase so simple to effect.

Try a new X3 out. Looks bland, but beats Velar on every other parameter, and I have spare cash over for a nice Patek if I want one.

Heartbreaking for a Brummie to type this - but true.
silicon silver D300 HSE - rejected

paranoia64

Post by paranoia64 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:44 pm

22'000km with D300 HSE, fully equipped, no issues - happy Velar owner

BainzyBoy

Post by BainzyBoy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:17 am

What’s the latest?
MY19 R-Dynamic SE - Narvik Black - Black Pack - "20" 7 Spoke Gloss Black Alloys - Privacy Glass - Adaptive Dynamics Estimated Delivery Nov 2019

peterd

Post by peterd » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:27 am

You in Uk are lucky to have the possibility to reject a car so easily. On my case my experience is dreadful, laws are too protective
for car makers in France.

Working in the software industry I have a strong capacity to endure software bugs, but in the case of the Velar
it is impossible to endure this level of non quality after one year of purchase.
I had 3 software updates, 2 on the ICTP, 1 on other parts of the car, I still have a lot of issues, like phone that doesn't connect over bluetooth
randomly, USB crashing, 4g not working some time ....live services have never been working ...
My wife now refuse to drive the car, she hates software bugs , I am considering doing a lawsuit with my insurance if the latest
update is not solving all my issues. Needless to say that JLR is completely silent now when I write to them.

I have downloaded the latest software update documents on topix: clearly when you read the documents you see
that JLR is enduring very high support cost with these software updates and they ask their reseller to ask for proof before doing them for free.
So I recommend to record videos of your problems ...in my case everything is documented ready for the lawsuit.

prozak

Post by prozak » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:06 pm

My velar in for service since september 17. My first and last Range Rover

Paulvelard300

Post by Paulvelard300 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:24 pm

Rejected after 3 months. Too many issues with screens, and many other things going wrong.

It truly was the worst car I have ever owned and glad to see the back of it.

Going for a big Range Rover
MY 2019 Velar D300 R-Dynamic HSE
Yulong White
Privacy Glass
Black Pack
Activity key
panoramic sunroof - Contrast roof
Config Dynamics
Ambient Lighting
22" 9 Split spoke diamond turned
Full Leather
Previous RR Sport Autobiography 2015

GSudhir

Post by GSudhir » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:01 pm

Paulvelard300 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:24 pm
Picked up my new velar today from Farnell Land Rover in Bolton. D300 R Dynamic all the bells and whistles First thing the sales lady said was that the front and rear mudflaps and the activity key are on back order and the car would have to come back on Friday to be completed. No prior warning of this. So after a rushed handover I drove away.

Whilst on the motorway I felt my seat and the cabin getting very hot, (even though I’d not touched any settings) went into the lower screen and it had froze, great! I pulled off the motorway got out, locked it, left it for 5 minutes and started it again. The lower screen had come back on but the sunroof shade was opening and closing without pressing anything.

Got home to find a rather large scratch On the bonnet, amateur attempt to cover it up.

Then tried to register in control, and a new car is registered to someone else?

So disappointed that I got home and haven’t looked at in since. Wish I’d kept my sport autobiography!

This is on top of an awful sales experience which is another story!

Buy one at your peril, dealers just want your cash. Had to many bad dealing with Range Rover over the years

Sorry to hear the issues you are having with your new car.
I have also had kinda had similar issues... but I am slowly realising that there are fixes, which I am figuring out myself (LR staff are largely pathetic).
My climate control started blowing hot air too, all by itself even when the temperature was set to 20! Later I realised that I had touched (by accident) and the air was now only blowing through the upper vents... I turned it back to 'Auto' and all was back to normal.
Regarding the frozen screen, I had that once, later I realised that there is a setting where one can personalise what one wants to see on start up... perhaps something to do with that...! I am still learning the settings on my car, and getting on top of things. LR sales guys were generally poor in their knowledge about their own product which is laughable. One sales man didn't want to demonstrate park assist to me and came up with stories that the insurance might not cover it... etc, until I insisted and then he called on a colleague of his to demo that for me! This guy also told me the lock symbol; underneath the ride height setting was to lock the screen... I suspect it is not, it to lock the ride height.
Hope to get your problems fixed... and fave fun with your new car! All the best!
D300 R Dynamic HSE in Corris Grey with 1033 21 inch alloys

SiriX

Post by SiriX » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:22 pm

Seems to have reached a point with JLR CRC where the representative is literally reading off a script suggesting I have a 3rd party check over my vehicle (even though the LR dealer I purchased through agrees with the issues I've reported) , so I'm at a bit of loss with where to go with this, but upon my request for a letter explaining their decisions on things, and the reasons as to why they would not cover certain items under warranty its almost like they've gone into the defensive. Will be interesting to see where this goes at this point but talk about a disaster of a car and completely disappointing to go through this kind of absolute crap, I might expect this if I purchased a second hand $2k bunky from the early 90s, not a $160k car from 2018!

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:43 pm

I would call crc back and demand a supervisor, and if they don’t cut it, their supervisor. Don’t settle for scripted replies.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior and a number of extras

Return to “Faults & Technical”