Speakers crackling amongst other things

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
msarshid@gmail.com

Speakers crackling amongst other things

Post by msarshid@gmail.com » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:36 am

So over the last week or 2 I have noticed whenever music is playing through the speakers I get the odd crackling sound which is very annoying so I thought maybe it is radio interference however now that I have paid extra attention I get the crackling sound whenever the reversing camera is on and I am getting the same crackling noise coming through the speakers

any one else having the same issue?

Other issues:
Screens not turning on properly resulting in having to switch the car off and on again

Side skirts of the car - the plastic bits seem to be just coming away from the car - see the images

Contacting dealer today to raise with them - lets see what response I get

Loz

Re: Speakers crackling amongst other things

Post by Loz » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:50 pm

My car had had the white noise pop/ click/ crackle from new in December 2017. Still has it disputed 3 months at two different dealers. Sometimes the noise is worse ie it makes it whilst playing the reversing beeper sound. Also makes the noise with nothing playing at all. This is on the spec sound system. I assume a hardware or wiring fault as it has persisted through originall software, phase 3 abs now phase 4. Phase 3 was plus a new module reported to have cost in the region of £ 5k. Good luck with resolving your issue. If you can would be great to hear what they diagnose and repair.

msarshid@gmail.com

Post by msarshid@gmail.com » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:27 pm

I will for sure keep everyone updated. Mine is the same, initially i noticed it with music playing and reverse beeper sound coming out my driveway. The noise is intermittent and you are right some times it is really obvious or sometimes very quiet and you can barely make out.

I have the SE model so my sound system has the 17 speaker Meridian sound system

I emailed my dealer where I purchased the car 2 days ago and I was told some one will call me to get this booked in - still waiting for that call

Loz

Post by Loz » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:06 am

You have to be proactive and even forceful with some dealers. In general I have to wait 4 to 6 weeks to get car booked in. For some strange reason LR dealer service departments appear to be busy all the time.

First dealer had car for 11 weeks solid and on hand back they just said noise should be resolved with phase 3 update. They did not even bother to investigate the noise issue and assumed it was software driven. I very much doubt it is a software issue. The second dealer effectively denied there was an issue. On my way home from the second dealer after being in for a week, updated to phase four but denied there was a glitch noise the noise whilst listening to music via iPhone music app it was the most glitchy noise ever. It has taken three months to get the car back to the dealer.

msarshid@gmail.com

Post by msarshid@gmail.com » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:17 am

Oh I intend to be forceful. I am quite active on Twitter when it comes to this sort of thing and trust me with my background in complaints I know all the tricks of the trade!

They have booked the car in for 27th November - They did offer it 2 weeks earlier but I was out of the country so declined. As long as I get a like for like courtesy or 1 better I don't care they can keep it in for however long they like as long as its sorted in the end

Loz

Post by Loz » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:48 pm

My car is currently back in for about four pages of "issues". Loan car is a Discover Sport with no satellite navigation. I do battle with four hours of traffic every day in and around London so that really is working out as expected. Like for like loan car. I must just attract crap customer service as this is all I get wherever I go. The complaint has achieved nothing they just ignore emails. I have to say I find the entire motor industry including car finance a bunch of unprofessional ignorant scum bags in terms of the companies I deal with. The people are sometimes okay but their hands are tied by the corporate lies, deceit, fraud and all that stuff that as a consumer we just have to deal with.

Having already been told that Apple CarPlay is not out yet well, I shut the door on that pack of BS straight away.

lajam

Post by lajam » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:41 am

I had this issue but it wasn’t anything permanent... It took me months of trying to figure out what it was, I even told the dealer to fix it but the problem seemed to have disappeared every time I handed the car over to them; in my case it has a strange association with plugging in any HDMI device, the moment I plug in any HDMI cable, the crackling starts and wouldn’t stop until I restart my car several times, I could never get my head around what it is that causes this, but if you guys have the same issue or find that you do, let me know please so I can figure out what causes the crackling noise
P250 R-Dynamic SE, Kaikura Stone. Added Options (Windsor Leather, HUD, Ambient Lighting, 360 Camera)

Loz

Post by Loz » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:29 pm

I have never plugged anything into the HDMI socket. The issue on my car is permanent i.e. makes the glitch noise about 100 times an hour. Comes from random speakers i.e. random. Sometimes the glitch is more pronounced than at other times. Sometimes the noise repeats multiple times in very short succession. Makes the noise regardless of audio source and also makes it with reversing beeper on or nothing at all being played in terms of audio. The first dealer fobbed me off after 11 weeks at the dealer saying probably fixed with a software update they did. The second dealer denied it was making any noise. The issue is actually getting worse.

AlterBridged

Post by AlterBridged » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:46 am

Anyone had white noise come on during playback from an iPhone via Bluetooth? Nearly crashed as it was deafening. Tried disconnection device and changing from radio back to Bluetooth with no joy. Had to turn the car on and off, pain!!

Loz

Post by Loz » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:50 am

I had full volume white noise from a previous car a Range Rover sport. Not from the Velar yet. The noise continued even when the car was locked and I just left it as no way to turn off. The system shut down after a half an hour or so so it stopped making the noise.

Return to “Faults & Technical”