Speakers crackling amongst other things

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
AndreaZangani

Re: Speakers crackling amongst other things

Post by AndreaZangani » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi all, it seems, but to be honest i'm not sure at all, that, only since some weeks now (i have the car since endo of february) when i turn it on in the morning after a cold night the front central speacker crackle a little bit.

it could be something elese but nothing possible is coming to my mind. Are you experiencing something similar?

Loz

Post by Loz » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:51 pm

Static white noise glitch from random speakers in my car. Not really a crackle. The noise might only be a second in length but detracts from the experience of a quality expensive product. The Discover Sport loan car sounds much better, has no noise glitch and connects to my phone first time every time. JLR just keep saying there is nothing wrong with my car! Total class BS.

Loz

Post by Loz » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:51 pm

I have been told that there is no glitch noise produce my the audio system in my car so about to declare myself insane as I am sure Land Rover and its dealer network have no reason to lie to me.

mge.92

Post by mge.92 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:00 pm

Software updates should be done and should cure most issues. Apple car play and Android auto KS being released to certain dealerships and only a handleful of cars to begin with but you just have to tell them to update and reference topix. If they aren't willing to debit then try a different dealer.
Marc
SOLD - 13 BMW X3 28i, Carbon Black, Fully Loaded, Tuned and Featured on Smoking Tire
18 Velar R-Dynamic HSE D300, Carpathian Grey / Vintage Tan / Ebony, Fully Loaded

axel1974

Post by axel1974 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:16 pm

Same issue here. I’ve been trying to diagnose the fault myself by going through each option.
The problem is present both on Bluetooth and wired connection using an iPhone, also on wired connection using an iPod classic. I’ve tried different cables so that’s unlikely to be the fault.

I’ve never heard distortion using the DAB radio though which is mystifying. Perhaps it doesn’t like my music settings? I wouldn’t say I was playing the music loud either.

zmanrx350

Post by zmanrx350 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:07 am

msarshid@gmail.com wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:27 pm
I will for sure keep everyone updated. Mine is the same, initially i noticed it with music playing and reverse beeper sound coming out my driveway. The noise is intermittent and you are right some times it is really obvious or sometimes very quiet and you can barely make out.

I have the SE model so my sound system has the 17 speaker Meridian sound system

I emailed my dealer where I purchased the car 2 days ago and I was told some one will call me to get this booked in - still waiting for that call
Is happening on the 825W or 1600W system?
On Order:MY2019,P380 R-Dynamic HSE,Firenze Red,Textile Wool
seats-Ebony/Light Oyster,20-way seats w/ massage,Convenience Pk, Driver Assist Pk,1600Watt Meridian sound,Active differential,R-Dynamic Black Pack,HUD display,Climate Pk,On/Off Road Pk

msarshid@gmail.com

Post by msarshid@gmail.com » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:11 am

it is the 825W system

AndreaZangani

Post by AndreaZangani » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:18 am

Just for your info, if it could be useful to anyone, the dealer found out that my cracking noise wasen’t from the speakers but from some sheet metal conjunction of the frame itself. I don’t know what they have done but they said it was something minimal and that they found it out because there is an internal maintenance document explaining what to do if the client reports that noise in that condition.

Hope it helps.

liben96

Post by liben96 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:00 am

AndreaZangani wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:18 am
Just for your info, if it could be useful to anyone, the dealer found out that my cracking noise wasen’t from the speakers but from some sheet metal conjunction of the frame itself. I don’t know what they have done but they said it was something minimal and that they found it out because there is an internal maintenance document explaining what to do if the client reports that noise in that condition.

Hope it helps.
It would be great to know where that sheet metal is... :P

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:06 am

Which dealer did you go to please

Return to “Faults & Technical”