Speakers crackling amongst other things

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
qb87

Re: Speakers crackling amongst other things

Post by qb87 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:50 pm

AndreaZangani wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:46 pm
Hi all, it seems, but to be honest i'm not sure at all, that, only since some weeks now (i have the car since endo of february) when i turn it on in the morning after a cold night the front central speacker crackle a little bit.

it could be something elese but nothing possible is coming to my mind. Are you experiencing something similar?
I had the same issue with central front speaker, car delivered in Feb 2018, speaker broke down in April. It was crackling even after the car was switched off. It was really annoying but the speaker was replaced and no issues afterwards
Velar P250 SE R-Dynamic Carpathian Grey, Black Pack, 20" 7014 Gloss Black (summer) / 20" 7014 Silver (winter)

axel1974

Post by axel1974 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:47 pm

Car taken back to garage to try and resolve craclking issue with software update. No joy, however I now have Carplay. More worryingly I now had a fault where one of my passengers was unable to open their rear door from the inside of the car. When looking at the outside of the door the handle was not exposed meaning that door could not be opened at all. Fortunately it was only one of the rear doors. Thank goodness they didn't need to get out in a hurry.

I've certainly noticed a few word glitches since using remote start so will not be using this again. I should be paid as a beta tester

msarshid@gmail.com

Re: Speakers crackling amongst other things - UPDATE

Post by msarshid@gmail.com » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:47 am

so my car went in on the 4th of December - they did a phase 5 update and I was told issue with the speakers have been resolved - GUESS WHAT....

IT HASNT!

so after 3 days. YES 3 DAYS of trying to actually speak to some one from the service department to express my annoyance I went on to twitter to rant and some one from the Guy Salmon Twitter team got in touch.

anyways car is now rebooked in for the 4th of Jan.

The guy on the phone tried telling me it may be because of the phase 5 update - I quickly shut that down and explained the crackling was before the update and interestingly he said he has the same issue with his velar!!!

msarshid@gmail.com

Post by msarshid@gmail.com » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:54 am

AndreaZangani wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:18 am
Just for your info, if it could be useful to anyone, the dealer found out that my cracking noise wasen’t from the speakers but from some sheet metal conjunction of the frame itself. I don’t know what they have done but they said it was something minimal and that they found it out because there is an internal maintenance document explaining what to do if the client reports that noise in that condition.

Hope it helps.
It certainly feels like there is some thing loose because the noise is not always present - It feels to me like theres probably an exposed wire somewhere that keeps touching something - we will see but car has now been rebooked in

liben96

Post by liben96 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:59 am

It would be good if someone could record a video to show to the dealer.

I think that I also have a similar issue, but Im not 100% sure...

msarshid@gmail.com

Post by msarshid@gmail.com » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:44 pm

liben96 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:59 am
It would be good if someone could record a video to show to the dealer.

I think that I also have a similar issue, but Im not 100% sure...
see I have tried that but the video does not pick up the crackling - will try again though

Loz

Post by Loz » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:30 pm

I have been battling Land Rover about this for 12 months. The car now rejected. I strongly believe that this is a hardware issue that after 16 weeks in 12 months with 4 separate visits has not been resolved. This issue with my car has persisted throughout hardware replacement and software updates. Land Rover will just fob you off and lie to cover this issue up. They obviously have no fix for this issue otherwise they would have fixed it by now. Really spoils the car for me personally and the way all involved have handled the countless other issues is disgraceful.

Return to “Faults & Technical”