ICTP Top Screen - Surface feels rough to the touch?

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
SiriX

ICTP Top Screen - Surface feels rough to the touch?

Post by SiriX » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:36 pm

Hi,

Just got my car back after a month of warranty & repair work that needed to be done, but on pickup I noticed something which I don’t recall noticing previously.

The top screen of the ICTP system, I remember being smooth to touch, ie. like a smartphone screen.

When I got it back I noticed that it felt rough, almost like it was paper instead of glass, if that makes any sense, either way, it certainly didn’t feel how I remember.

Just wondering if anyone else has thoughts on this, ie. if I’m imagining things or if others have also noticed their screen to be rough or a little bit grabby rather than smooth to the touch.

It looks glossy in photos, but if you hit at the exact right angle and zoom in there is definitely something on the surface, and it’s not something that cleans off with glass cleaner or interior cleaning products, they seemingly don’t make a difference.

KRG

Re: ICTP Top Screen - Surface feels rough to the touch?

Post by KRG » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:48 am

Odd you mentioned this because mine feels the same after having it in for my last service. I haven’t bothered to try cleaning it yet.
18 Velar R-Dynamic SE P250, Narvik Black/Eclipse

SiriX

Post by SiriX » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:25 am

Can confirm that something is up, because I just went and saw 2 new Velar's, in different places and both had smooth (like your smartphone) screens, so it's definitely not normal, even the sales manager agreed it didn't feel the same, but as to who is to blame, that's the tricky bit, and also how it'll be resolved.

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Did they fit it with a screen protection film potentially??
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior and a number of extras

SiriX

Post by SiriX » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:54 am

P380NarvikEclipse wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:54 pm
Did they fit it with a screen protection film potentially??
Unfortunately no, it’s pretty visibly normal, it’s only when you touch it that you notice something.

SiriX

Post by SiriX » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:19 pm

For those still following along, this issue is still an issue, I've resorted to purchasing USB Microscope to enable me to take photos anywhere from 50x to 1000x magnification of the surface of this screen, which should hopefully prove without question the issue with this screen, and I'll also take comparison shots from another velars screen too.

Yip-man

Post by Yip-man » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:59 pm

SiriX wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:19 pm
For those still following along, this issue is still an issue, I've resorted to purchasing USB Microscope to enable me to take photos anywhere from 50x to 1000x magnification of the surface of this screen, which should hopefully prove without question the issue with this screen, and I'll also take comparison shots from another velars screen too.
Hi be good to find out. As I think mine is the same.

SiriX

Post by SiriX » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi, it's been a while, I've since had the microscope and checked over both mine and another velar, without question you can see the surface of mine has something on it, especially compared with the other car, and my screen was cleaner to start with, both were then wiped over and checked and yeah without question the dealer agreed mine had an issue. Fast forward a few weeks later and mine has developed some kind of delamination at the top of it, kind of looks like the black is coming away from the glass. Took photos, they were sent on to Land Rover and have agreed to replace the screen, although it's now been nearly 3 weeks since that was agreed and I've not had a call back yet.

Return to “Faults & Technical”