Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Left steering wheel control buttons

11K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  pz1980 
#1 ·
They replaced mine under warranty yesterday when the car was in for some other stuff... apparently there was a service advisory for it. Anyone know what the issue was as I'd had no problems with them? Thanks

#5 ·
Here in Toronto, Canada I had similar issues starting basically overnight.
Never had this issue for months.
The first time I noticed it was when the vehicle was left outside for a few hours in very cold temperatures. Even when the car was in my garage, after a full night when outside were -11 Celsius (Nov 2018), when I turned on the car, the left side controls were not responding. The solution at that time was to leave the engine run for a few minutes, turn off the engine and on again and the controls would start working immediately.
Took the car to the dealer and they did two things: updated the entire software to v 4.0 (as per description in the invoice) and replaced the whole control assembly.
That addressed the issue in my case. Note that the issue did not occur when the outside temps were on the plus side.
What I also noticed was the fact that sliding your finger over the dial to change the volume no longer turns off the lights on << and >> buttons. Not sure if this is as designed or just a glitch. but this is too small of an issue for me and not worth taking the vehicle back just to address this.

#6 ·
Had mine changed two weeks ago on a recall .To be far it did not work sometimes. Only certain cars affected mines a march 18 plate .

#9 ·
Whilst we are on the subject of the left buttons. I noticed that mine used to light up after locking the car. The left side controller worked fine and they replaced it for no apparent reason.
However, I was having an issue with the tailgate on my car. Only then did I figure out that when the car is locked and if the the tailgate is opened the left steering wheel controller illuminates when the tailgate reaches the top i.e. fully lifted.
Does anybody have else have this issue??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.