Curious to know about upgrade extras through software.

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar

Curious to know about upgrade extras through software.

Post by 03184 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:25 pm

Not sure if this is even possible but I was wondering if there are any extras you can get by software updates by JLR. For example in my model I have standard one colour ambient lighting but have seen options on the build page to have various colours. Would that have been a physical change of lights at the factory or is that something that can be enabled through the software ? Are there other things that could be done ????
MY19 D275 R-Dynamic SE, Yulong White, 20” 1032 style wheels, panoramic roof, Matrix LED Signature lights.

kukoc7

Re: Curious to know about upgrade extras through software.

Post by kukoc7 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:04 pm

Not 100% sure , but I'm almost certain that LED lighting on base models are not RGBs. Therefor you would need to replace LED straps and add additional h/w to control it with voltage.

KLRichards

Post by KLRichards » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Not sure either, but would agree on the LED's not being multi coloured as standard, but I wouldn't call them "mood" lighting either.

One "add-on" I got from a recent s/w update, which I NEVER paid for as it was a £300 option at the time was Apple Play. But since the last update, I now have Apple Play (and it works) and also the Android "Play" version, but I don't have an Android phone to test if that works.

Glad I didn't pay for it at build time, wouldn't have been pleased if I had paid £300 for it to then become a free feature with the car not even a year old (well not till End Mar that is).
Range Rover Velar 2.0 SE (R-Dynamic) - White with Black roof, Black wheels and Black pack.... (finally arrived :D )

Post by 03184 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:28 am

LOL I agree with the ACP thing, Mine stated it had it but was noticeably missing until I did the OTA update.
MY19 D275 R-Dynamic SE, Yulong White, 20” 1032 style wheels, panoramic roof, Matrix LED Signature lights.