Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
Agrad

Re: low-frequency noise (vibration)

Post by Agrad » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:48 pm

I think we'll have to accept that )))

MarcusGVA

Post by MarcusGVA » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:59 pm

Interesting! I have the same sensation although it sounds rather like a low humming, not entirely unpleasant 😏 ... definitely different from the sound of having rear windows open which would create a type of vacuum on the cabin which is unpleasant on the ears.
But the sound and slight vibration is definitely there at low revs in our P250 ... if this is a a ‘characteristic’ of the Range Rover line, so be it. The car certainly sounds still more refined than our previous 2016 Volvo XC90 .. but not as nice as our previous XF 3.0 V6 😁
RR Velar P250 SE, premium exterior pack, Santorini Black, pano retractable sun roof, 21” wheels, privacy glass, retractable tow bar, Meridian 825w Surround, and more of that jazz ...

Wivenhoe

Post by Wivenhoe » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:59 pm

I have ordered a new Velar - seeing this thread brought back bad memories with the only Jaguar I have owned. It was a new XF back in 2011. It had this low frequency noise between 1000 - 2000 revs, so always in traffic. It went into the dealers 3 times and despite the technician saying not only could he hear it, he had heard it on other 2011’s as well. The dealers and Customer Service Avoidance said it was a characteristic of the Jaguar and was part of the ‘Jaguar experience’. I sold the car after only 1 year at a great loss as I couldn’t tolerate it anymore. I found out on a Jaguar forum some time later, that Jaguar were forced to admit that it was sound attenuation from the brake pipes on the bulkhead - to resolve it was a total engine out job and so they had tried to dodge the issue as it was so expensive.

I am starting to get concerned about my very expensive P400e HSE !
P400e - Santorini black with plenty of options
Previous PHEV hybrids - Mercedes C350e, E350e & BMW 530e

Ghvelar

Post by Ghvelar » Wed May 19, 2021 10:34 am

My new P400e has this very low frequency drumming/booming noise at speeds below 30MPH, which is extremely uncomfortable and gives the same sensations as, say an ear infection or sinus infection. I’m suspecting it is coming from the sub woofer and speakers, due to a mistuned or faulty Active Road Noise Cancellation system. It’s at the dealership, but would be interested to hear your thoughts...

Fadelovo

Post by Fadelovo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:01 pm

Hi Guys

Did anyone find a solution for this abnormal noise as i am facing the same problem which make me angry and thinking to sell the velar.

Thanks alot

Ghvelar

Post by Ghvelar » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:29 pm

Hi Fadelovo. Mine has spent the past week at the dealership, and I’ve been assured that it is a software issue that will be fixed within the week. Fingers crossed. I’m surprised that it isn’t a more widely known/reported issue, as the service Velar I was loaned was the same.

Out of interest, could you describe the “symptoms” that you’re experiencing?
Cheers