Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Spotify In Control Live App

8K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  kabgolf1 
#1 ·
Finally managed to log in to In Control in the vehicle after a visit to the dealer.
Spotify now up and running but I have a question....when I tap on a playlist icon the playlist starts to play and shows the info of the song it's playing...is there a way of seeing the list of songs in that playlist before it actually starts to play.
Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I've never been able to do this - you can however do it via the spotify apple car play app. I never used to use this as I hated connecting my phone but I've got the in2carplay adapter now so apple car play connects wirelessly and can use the spotify app on there, which is a little more flexible than the incontrol one.

#14 ·
GreyPaint said:
So, now heading for 4 days in the garage with the InControl issue - they're talking to LR in Coventry and still not getting sorted - I'm getting pretty angry about it all
How frustrating for you. Not sure why this is proving difficult, my dealer sorted it out in a few hours having been guided by JLR.

#16 ·
Spoke to Adam from the JLR Telematics team this morning...

He confirmed that the Dealership is working with their technical support, but again, no reason why it's taking so long.

I wonder if this dealership doesn't have the technical expertise in software?

#17 ·
Sorry to hear this is taking so long. I had the same issue fixed last Saturday. They had a "bulletin" I think they called it from JLR with specific steps on how to fix the issue. They started with a TCU module update, which didn't work, the bulletin documented further steps that can be taken if that doesn't work. They followed the flow chart (for want of a better word) and it was sorted. Hope you get sorted soon.

#18 ·
Got it sorted and picked up last evening. Was dubious as to whether it would work, but it did, logged into InControl for the first time.

Interestingly, the software is still the version that updated itself on the 11th March, that ends in 8 - I know there is a version ending in 9…. So they don't do a complete install of new software!

Now to argue with JLR for compensation - they said they would - just need to make it appropriate!

#20 ·
Can only be solved by the Dealership - they need to be told to talk to the JLR Telematics team about the "Shared Secrets" issue.

Should be a few hours, unless there are problems, like mine had, which took 4 days, which I put down to the dealership, to be honest.

#22 ·
I've been told by Listers JLR that they haven't got the update yet. The Technicians will keep an eye out for it.
What an absolute load of BS. The Techs are working their backsides off on every different issue and don't have time for that. Feel completely fobbed off.
Brand new D300 Velar R-Dynamic SE 1 month old and cannot even login. What a joke.

#25 ·
Tiredeyes69 said:
Gibsy said:
That's disappointing. I have an email from JLR that details what has to be done. I handed that to the garage and they did fix the issue. I can forward the email to you if you wish.
Would it be possible to email me the fix also.
Thank you
I would really appreciate if I can also get such JRL email with fix details, since my dealer at Barcelona is completely lost since 1 month ago when I reported the InControl login issue to them. Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.