Charging stuck on Initialisation

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
mdfire

Charging stuck on Initialisation

Post by mdfire » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:35 pm

Got my new Velar yesterday, its a hybrid, but it wont charge. When i plug it in the light flashes white, then solid white and on the display its say its initialising. Thats it, it doesnt do anything else and certainly didnt charge. Tried it on the tethered charger at home, using a plug in cable and then on a public charger in the town. The app for that said the vehicle didnt respond. Ive restored all the settings to default but nothing im doing is helping. Back to the dealer Monday unless someone else has an answer?

Wivenhoe

Re: Charging stuck on Initialisation

Post by Wivenhoe » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:38 pm

misfire - there was an earlier post from someone with a brand new P400e and he was called by LR to say his car had a battery defect and shouldn't / couldn't be driven so they were collecting it. He was told by someone that LR know about a significant battery problem and don't know how to solve it. The post is viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3616&p=36035#p36023

Hope you get it sorted and I'm getting nervous about my order for a "P400e
P400e - Santorini black with plenty of options
Previous PHEV hybrids - Mercedes C350e, E350e & BMW 530e

GreyPaint

Post by GreyPaint » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:15 pm

There is a way where the cable only presses part way in. Lock car, then unlock and press cable in further
2021 Velar P400e R-Dynamic SE, 21” diamond alloys, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel

mdfire

Post by mdfire » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:51 am

Wivenhoe wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:38 pm
misfire - there was an earlier post from someone with a brand new P400e and he was called by LR to say his car had a battery defect and shouldn't / couldn't be driven so they were collecting it. He was told by someone that LR know about a significant battery problem and don't know how to solve it. The post is viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3616&p=36035#p36023

Hope you get it sorted and I'm getting nervous about my order for a "P400e
Thanks will check it out. They asked me to bring it back in tomorrow morning. I wouldnt be nervous, its a fabulous motor. I had a Diesel S which i traded for this and there is no comparison in performance.

mdfire

Post by mdfire » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:52 am

GreyPaint wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:15 pm
There is a way where the cable only presses part way in. Lock car, then unlock and press cable in further
I do think it is something to do with this. When the car is locked i can remove the charging cable fairly easily and the alarm goes off. I know on my wifes volvo there is no way you can remove the cable when the car is locked which is making me think there is a fault with how it locks onto the cable.

Wivenhoe

Post by Wivenhoe » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:42 am

I have had two Merc’s and now a BMW plug-in and there is no way you can remove the cable until the car is unlocked. As you’ll know from the Volvo, unlocking the car turns the wall charger off, I hear a loud click from my Rolec and then the cable can be disconnected. Really surprising RR are having problems like this as they have been selling plug-ins for years - perhaps it’s just a faulty cable connector although that’s not much help to you !
P400e - Santorini black with plenty of options
Previous PHEV hybrids - Mercedes C350e, E350e & BMW 530e

mdfire

Post by mdfire » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:53 am

Wivenhoe wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:42 am
I have had two Merc’s and now a BMW plug-in and there is no way you can remove the cable until the car is unlocked. As you’ll know from the Volvo, unlocking the car turns the wall charger off, I hear a loud click from my Rolec and then the cable can be disconnected. Really surprising RR are having problems like this as they have been selling plug-ins for years - perhaps it’s just a faulty cable connector although that’s not much help to you !
yes its disappointing and a real pain as i have an hours drive to the dealer on Monday morning

mdfire

Post by mdfire » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:50 pm

Update on this. Just back from the dealers and the receptor which locks onto the cable is faulty (as suspected above). Wait now for the part. How can such an expensive car come with a part that is faulty but which is also fundamental to its operation?? :x

GreyPaint

Post by GreyPaint » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:20 pm

Not good....
2021 Velar P400e R-Dynamic SE, 21” diamond alloys, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel

Haybrd

Post by Haybrd » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:49 pm

mdfire wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:50 pm
Update on this. Just back from the dealers and the receptor which locks onto the cable is faulty (as suspected above). Wait now for the part. How can such an expensive car come with a part that is faulty but which is also fundamental to its operation?? :x
That is (excuse the pun) shocking! I hope they sort it quickly and also compensate you!
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2