Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
mdfire

Re: Charging stuck on Initialisation

Post by mdfire » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:13 pm

Haybrd wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:49 pm
mdfire wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:50 pm
Update on this. Just back from the dealers and the receptor which locks onto the cable is faulty (as suspected above). Wait now for the part. How can such an expensive car come with a part that is faulty but which is also fundamental to its operation?? :x
That is (excuse the pun) shocking! I hope they sort it quickly and also compensate you!
Compensate me? It was taken today to get the part fixed. LR came and collected the car but i wont get it back until tomorrow now as an update was needed. However, i mailed them and asked if could get a set of mudflaps fitted. I was quoted 369 euro!

Haybrd

Post by Haybrd » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:27 pm

mdfire wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:13 pm

Compensate me? It was taken today to get the part fixed. LR came and collected the car but i wont get it back until tomorrow now as an update was needed. However, i mailed them and asked if could get a set of mudflaps fitted. I was quoted 369 euro!
:roll: is customer care and service totally dead?! Good luck getting sorted!
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

mdfire

Post by mdfire » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:57 am

Update on this. The charger was fixed but there is a software problem which is affecting apple car play (Screen flashing green) and being unable to log into the app or add the car to it. Car is in the garage since last Thursday. Ive been left a tiny Seat as a replacement which is so low to the ground i cant get into it. Starting to hate this car now and Landrover as there has been no attempt whatsoever to placate or compensate me.

The_liiicht

Post by The_liiicht » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:29 pm

Picked up my P400e on Monday. Charged it successfully on home charger in the evening but today when I tried to top it up the app said the vehicle was fully charged but the battery was at 37%
Had the car out and depleted the battery then went home to charge and it failed to charge. Its just stuck on "initialisation". Tried the local Tesco charge point with same result.
Land Rover Assistance are sending the AA roadside to look at it tomorrow. Not impressed!

Wivenhoe

Post by Wivenhoe » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:05 pm

I had exactly the same issue the day after collection just over a week ago. I have a Rolec home charger which I used for my previous 3 PHEV’s. Went to Waitrose to see if the problem was with the P400e not liking the 3kw Rolec. Wouldn’t initialise on the charger their. Went to the dealer and they put it on their 7kw and it charged fully. I then had a dig about in Pivi and discovered a setting for minimum charge rate at public chargers - it was set to 7kw (I think). I set this to the lowest setting of 3kw and now no issues.

I also had it saying it was fully charged but the graphic showing 50%. Sorted after using the 7kw charger or by my digging about n the menus. I have noticed that the range in the App lags well behind the charge, so it will say 10 miles range but show fully charged. This is because the App doesn’t always refresh at the time so when I look in say an hour it is then reporting 31 miles.

I hope your issue is sorted as easily as mine was.
P400e - Santorini black with plenty of options
Previous PHEV hybrids - Mercedes C350e, E350e & BMW 530e

The_liiicht

Post by The_liiicht » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:57 am

Plugged into home charger this morning (7kw pod point) and its started charging!
Well the app says its charging but there's no flashing green light on the charge socket on the car, 🤷‍♂️

Kryten

Post by Kryten » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:09 am

If the pod point light is green it is charging.

Wivenhoe

Post by Wivenhoe » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:57 am

In my experience, if the initial white light doesn’t switch to flashing green then it is not charging - the pod may think it is but the car isn’t.

Liiicht have you tried changing the minimum charge rate ?
P400e - Santorini black with plenty of options
Previous PHEV hybrids - Mercedes C350e, E350e & BMW 530e

The_liiicht

Post by The_liiicht » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:04 am

JLR breakdown here at the minute updating software

The_liiicht

Post by The_liiicht » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:16 am

OK so there were two fault codes linked to the battery charge control module BCCM.
There were also software updates available.
Technician has updated software so will monitor the charging situation over the next few days.
The car has only done 120 miles so far.