Pivi Pro Issues resolved

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
kabgolf1

Pivi Pro Issues resolved

Post by kabgolf1 » Sat May 01, 2021 1:14 pm

Since getting my '21 on April 1st, I have been having all of the Pivi Pro issues along with navigation freezing up. The InControl login was an easy software update, however the in car data connection has been the main issue. Although the car shows connected to AT&T 4G it actually was not. My dealer has been on the line with JLR technical for over a week now and they finally resolved the problem. Firstly, they replaced the whole head unit which resolved all the lag and the navigation issues. When they tested the system it all worked perfectly except for the data connection. JLR had them "force" (my service manager's word) some software into the system to resolve it. It did not help. Finally, after analyzing everything, it was found out that although the data connection was showing max signal on the screen, the car was in fact not receiving the signal strongly at all. They replaced the Telematics Control Unit. The car is now smooth and functioning as it should.

GreyPaint

Re: Pivi Pro Issues resolved

Post by GreyPaint » Sat May 01, 2021 3:08 pm

Good for them to get it working…. Should not have left factory like that.

These software problems show how much cars have changed from oily simple beasts that had scarcely changed in 100 years, to something that a mechanic of 20 years ago couldn’t fix
2021 Velar P400e R-Dynamic SE, 21” diamond alloys, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel

kabgolf1

Re: Pivi Pro Issues resolved

Post by kabgolf1 » Mon May 03, 2021 7:24 pm

I agree completely. It was held up in the factory while it was waiting on electronics. I had ordered it Sept 25th. It was built on Dec 11th. It did not ship Until March 9th. It should have been perfect.