Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Waze alerts - gone after update

7K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  renschrower 
#1 ·
Anyone else had this issue? Was fine until I installed latest update. Spotify still works fine but no sound/alerts when using Waze.

Thanks

#2 ·
Yes I have the same issue since allowing my I phone to do the latest update.

#4 ·
Any suggestions or solutions out there please? I have done the obvious by turning phone off and on and making sure that sound is on for Waze on phone and Waze on car screen.

#5 ·
Hi i have the same issue. I'll bring mine to the dealer this Friday and roll back the previous software version.

#7 ·
From the Ipace & XE forums

'This is a known problem, JLR have issued a bulletin about it on TOPIx. It's SSM75415 - InControl Touch Pro - Post 21A Update Apple Carplay Navigation Voice Guidance Not Heard'

it's pretty irritating... can't understand why it wouldn't have been picked up in testing before release.

#9 ·
I have the same problem with loss of voice on Waze and there is an upgrade available but was advised not to have it because it knocks out some more functions of Apple Play. This is an appalling situation but typical I was told regarding the current state of dealer backup from JLR to solve customers issues.
So much for Thierry Ballore the new CEO stating that customer service was his priority when seeing the state of the Company when he took over. 7 months delivery now being quoted on some models of Velar and Defender so no wonder customers are deserting JLR products.

#10 ·
No movement on this. See bottom line...

Reference SSM75416
Models Discovery / L462
Discovery Sport / L550
New Range Rover Evoque / L551
Range Rover / L405
Range Rover Evoque / L538
Range Rover Sport / L494
Range Rover Velar / L560
Title InControl Touch Pro - Post 21A Update Apple Carplay Navigation Voice Guidance Not Heard
Category Electrical
Last modified 21-May-2021 00:00:00
Symptom 207000 Entertainment Systems
Content
Issue:
Discovery (L462) 17 - 20MY
Discovery Sport (L550) 17 - 20MY
Evoque (L538) 16 - 19MY
Evoque (L551) 20MY
Range Rover (L405) 17 - 21MY
Range Rover Sport (L494) 17 - 21MY
Range Rover Velar (L560) 18 - 20MY
JLR is investigating the voice guidance is not heard from the Apple CarPlay navigation post-IMC 21A update.

Cause:
Unknown at this time.

Action:

Do not replace Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) for this concern.

Before following the steps below, please check the IMC is at the latest level (21A);
Connect Apple CarPlay device to InControl Touch Pro
Launch any Map application within CarPlay
Enter a destination and start navigation using CarPlay maps
Start driving the vehicle
Confirm turn by turn voice guidance is not heard, but navigation guidance is shown on the screen

There is currently no resolution for this concern, and once a repair is available, this SSM will be updated.

#15 ·
I think I may have a temporary solution that I stumbled on. I've been able to repeat it twice and seems to work when you've:

1. Waze or Google Maps open and navigating to a destination with alerts "on" via CarPlay
2. Change your source to Radio, press the volume knob to turn media off, then on again.
3. Change source back to CarPlay

I hope this works for others as I was pleasantly surprised after not having alerts for over a month. I've another trip this afternoon, so will try a 3rd time and report back if there's no alerts at start.

-Jake

#16 ·
P380NarvikEclipse said:
I think I may have a temporary solution that I stumbled on. I've been able to repeat it twice and seems to work when you've:

1. Waze or Google Maps open and navigating to a destination with alerts "on" via CarPlay
2. Change your source to Radio, press the volume knob to turn media off, then on again.

I hope this works for others as I was pleasantly surprised after not having alerts for over a month. I've another trip this afternoon, so will try a 3rd time and report back if there's no alerts at start.

-Jake
thank you for this! will try this later! hopefully it will work out

#19 ·
P380NarvikEclipse said:

-Jake
That works for me with Google Maps - thanks for the tip 👍

#21 ·
renschrower said:
hello guys,
was able to solve the audio problem with the google maps navigation.
Tried the following.
Go to the Google Maps settings.
Then in navigation and switches off the voice output via Bluetooth.
thank you for this! will definitely give this a try. does this work on google maps only? or will this also fix waze?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.