Range Rover Velar Forum banner

side window defrost

59K views 108 replies 41 participants last post by  didou 
#1 ·
Is anyone having any issue with the side glasses fogging up really quickly.
i always have to put front defrost and it doesn't do much.

#4 ·
The vehicle is nice to drive but these little things are starting to get to me, seat heaters, side windows fogging up, last night my bluetooth would not connect and every time I hit a bump the cup holder cover pops open. Will be making an appointment with the dealer to see if they can do anything.

#7 ·
Hello,

I face same problem with rear side glass and even worse : the windshield is sometimes filled with steam and even with manual settings full speed of windshield, impossible to drive in a secure way this week-end under rain and snow.

We got the car beginning of August and since this date, very tough problem with A.C. : Front speed was always to high, rear was heating during summer ( we only choose the 2 way AC command) .

Range Rover seems to be aware of this and the garage changed a valve and a full reprogramming of the car 2 weeks ago. Without any success. So, we brought back the Velar to the garage and we wonder how long we'll have to wait to get rid of those troubles.

#12 ·
We just experienced the same issue last weekend when the weather turned cold. Excessive fogging. Got so bad I could barely see. Turned on Max defog, which managed to keep windshield clear and about 1/2 of the front side windows. Didn't resolve the rear windows at all.

To make matters worse, the Max defog would cycle every minute or so between full heat and full cold, making for a very uncomfortable ride. Has anyone else experienced this? That is not normal, correct?

Took it to dealer Monday, who had it for two days and said it was just a software update to fix, but picked car up this morning and having the same issues again already.

Anyone found a resolution for this or is it just a poorly designed system? I see it as a safety issue here in New England if I can't keep my windows from fogging.

#13 ·
Exactly the same situation. No results in manual mode. We had to stop and to open the roof to be able to drive just a little bit.
I received yesterday an Email from Range Rover customer service that they take care of this. We don't want to drive the car before this safety issue is solved.
Savage, do you also have the Ionization air purification option ?

#15 ·
This seems to be an old issue that effects the entire Landrover vehicle fleet.
The technical bulletin name/number is LTB00693v5 - Poor Air Conditioning (A/C) Performance and supersedes a
Prior version dated in June of 2016. It covers the following issues.

A customer may express a concern of one or more of the following symptoms:
• Cycling vent temperatures, blowing warm and then cold.
• Misting up of the windshield, rear window or door windows in cool ambient air temperatures (less than 15°C).
• Poor cooling performance of the Air Conditioning (A/C) system.
• Warm, damp or musty smells coming from the vents.

The fix is engine dependent, but all seem to involve exchanging one or several pressure valves in the ac compressor.
I have the complete technical bulletin if you need the details.

Taking my car to the dealers to get this sorted ASAP as it not just scary, it also flat out dangerous when the windshield fogs up in a
Matter of seconds.

#17 ·
Thanks Savage and Marco for answers. I'm rather surprised Range Rove repeat an issue known in 2016 on a brand new model. I'll let you know the response. I found the LTB00693v5 .pdf describing exactly what we face : a valve has been changed without any positive effect. I hope this security issue to be fixed very quickly.

#18 ·
The air con on my evoque was shocking. And you could never turn it off, even when it said it was off. Apparently this is normal..

Always suffered the above symptoms and it was always pushed to one side.

#19 ·
I don't have the ionization.
My side windows are fine but the windshield fogs whenever I come to a stop and the car auto-stops...very annoying.

#21 ·
Hi all, I also had the same issue and think I have stumbled across the solution. Next time the windows fog up, in addition to switching on the defog options, ensure that the A/C button is switched on. This cleared up the front side windows within a matter of seconds.

Please test it and let me know if it works for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#22 ·
Hi, unfortunately, no. This is the first thing I did : AC was on, position 7 very high speed. Air was going out very fast directly to the windshield without any effect. I took a video to provide my dealer, AC is clearly lighted and "ON"

To my mind, the compressor does not compressed properly. This is also why we have cycling warm and cold even when the outside temperature has no variations.

#23 ·
I ran into the same problem today driving in Michigan USA . The out side temp was 35deg F and I was having the temp set at 68deg F. The A/C was on and yet the rear windows defrosted. It is very annoying and also unsafe to drive as it effects the blind spot visibility. This is becoming a safety hazard .

#24 ·
Is this post about defrosting or de misting? Seems the OP was talking about fogging up although headed defrosting. If it's de frosting, what can JLR do?

#26 ·
looks to be a lack of air flow. I would also not expect to see this is the air con was on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.