Touch Screen Not Working

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
Jdavis

Re: Touch Screen Not Working

Post by Jdavis » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:38 pm

Same issue here Velar 380, US, Paramus Range Rover, New Jersey.

Lower screens goes blank everyone once in a while (dark purple screen). Functions work, but you’re tapping the screen blindly. To restore, you have to shut the car off, get out for 10+ minutes and it’ll come back on. Entirely unacceptable for an expensive car.

Moreover, the Bluetooth connection drops from car to phone while listing to music from iPhone occasionally. Happens quite frequently.

Getting more and more dissatisfied.

If anyone knows how to fix, or whether service update will fix please let me know. Thanks

Yip-man

Post by Yip-man » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:27 pm

^ the recently released phase 4 (last week or so) should fix these issues. Or was told it does, also more stable than phase 5, and you can still get ACP and AA.

Had similar problems. My service was delayed for a week or so, dealer suggestion, to allow this lasted update to be available.

knight3136

Post by knight3136 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:20 am

Hello everyone, I'm leasing a 2018 Velar R-dynamic SE. I had several issues with my car in the the 3 months I driven it. The first issue is the tailgate door, when I press the keypad to open it ,it starts doing it and then it closes immediately after lifting up for 1 -2 seconds. Sometimes it doesn't even open the tailgate door it seems to be stuck. I have taken the car 2 times already for the same issue, the other issue was the dashboard started acting up, couldn't see I recorded a video of it and showed it to my dealer. They told me it was a software issue. After the update, everything seems to be fine the first week or 2, then it started with the tailgate getting stuck. Then as many of you have mentioned the screen no responding to any command input. I can't even connect my ipod or android Samsung S8+ phone because the Bluetooth doesn't function correctly. I also recorded this the car shows the Bluetooth is connected and the ipod but it won't play any songs, when i click on forward or backward icon on the screen it changes the screen to climate control screen or navigation. Other times I have the Bluetooth off from the ipod or phone but car's setting page shows it is connected to the device. I erased all connection to do it over again as if it starting from the beginning and it wouldn't go to pair new device (I have this all on video).

The only thing that seems to work is leaving the car off for 20-30 minutes and then starting the car and it seems to reset everything.

But the most scary thing that has happened to me it was while driving the car turn itself off automatically. The first time it was at a red light the stop and go became activated and then the car just turn itself off. I had to pressed the start engine button again. The dealer told me it was a feature of the car but I think there is more to it because a car shouldn't turn itself off if you are still in the car. The second time I was driving going at 20-30 miles per hour when it suddenly turn itself off, put it on park and everything was off including the screens. Thank God there wasn't much traffic and I just go off the highway because if i would have been on the highway I sure i would have gotten hit by another vehicle.

Again the new update doesn't seem to be working and instead has made it worst. I had people telling me how beautiful the car is and they would like to get one, but I can't recommend this vehicle to anyone. I would be taking the car to the dealer to have it check it out and show them the numerous of videos I have taken with the issues.

Jim55

Post by Jim55 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:09 am

knight3136, my JLR vehicles (F-Pace and Velar) with stop-start only turn themselves off once a door is opened, may even be only when the driver's door is opened. The car should not turn itself off when in motion as this could be very dangerous as you obviously recognise from your experience.

If you search on this or the F-Pace forums the tailgate issue is a known issue and others have had it repaired.

By the sounds of things your dealer is fobbing you off and possibly endangering you and your family's lives along with any other road users that may have to take avoiding action should your car stop suddenly.

Do you have other dealers you can take your car to? It also may be worth contacting the JLR Customer Experience team directly to get their support in getting your issues resolved.
December 2018: MY19.5, Kaikoura Stone, D300 R-Dynamic HSE, R-Dynamic Black Pack, 20" 10 spoke Satin Dark Grey wheels, fixed pano roof, Driver Assist pack, On/Off Road pack, Light Oyster seats and headlining.

Barachus

Post by Barachus » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:40 am

knight3136 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:20 am
Hello everyone, I'm leasing a 2018 Velar R-dynamic SE. I had several issues with my car in the the 3 months I driven it. The first issue is the tailgate door, when I press the keypad to open it ,it starts doing it and then it closes immediately after lifting up for 1 -2 seconds. Sometimes it doesn't even open the tailgate door it seems to be stuck. I have taken the car 2 times already for the same issue, the other issue was the dashboard started acting up, couldn't see I recorded a video of it and showed it to my dealer. They told me it was a software issue. After the update, everything seems to be fine the first week or 2, then it started with the tailgate getting stuck. Then as many of you have mentioned the screen no responding to any command input. I can't even connect my ipod or android Samsung S8+ phone because the Bluetooth doesn't function correctly. I also recorded this the car shows the Bluetooth is connected and the ipod but it won't play any songs, when i click on forward or backward icon on the screen it changes the screen to climate control screen or navigation. Other times I have the Bluetooth off from the ipod or phone but car's setting page shows it is connected to the device. I erased all connection to do it over again as if it starting from the beginning and it wouldn't go to pair new device (I have this all on video).

The only thing that seems to work is leaving the car off for 20-30 minutes and then starting the car and it seems to reset everything.

But the most scary thing that has happened to me it was while driving the car turn itself off automatically. The first time it was at a red light the stop and go became activated and then the car just turn itself off. I had to pressed the start engine button again. The dealer told me it was a feature of the car but I think there is more to it because a car shouldn't turn itself off if you are still in the car. The second time I was driving going at 20-30 miles per hour when it suddenly turn itself off, put it on park and everything was off including the screens. Thank God there wasn't much traffic and I just go off the highway because if i would have been on the highway I sure i would have gotten hit by another vehicle.

Again the new update doesn't seem to be working and instead has made it worst. I had people telling me how beautiful the car is and they would like to get one, but I can't recommend this vehicle to anyone. I would be taking the car to the dealer to have it check it out and show them the numerous of videos I have taken with the issues.
Honestly this sounds like a lemon
Some of these cars just come out wrong and I doubt even the dealer knows how to ever fix it properly

anachronism

Post by anachronism » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:47 pm

Barachus

We've got a lemon. Every time the temperature drops below 2 degrees the centre screen stops working. Been back for multiple fixes and the dealer cant make it work.

A

DutchInSF

Post by DutchInSF » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:46 pm

I have had several times the screens went blank, reset to other settings during the night and several times the car shut off even thought I had deactivated the automatic shut off eco-function and then have it start an lung forward into the traffic. Check engine light will come on, stay on for a few hours, go off without doing anything and then back on again. Will be off for a few days and then on again. Have had it in for the same problems 4 or 5 times and dealership is unable to determine the cause. Last time the said 14 different faults and the did NOTHING! Now they say it is faulty cam shaft sensor which has taken a month to come over the pond. They have again had it for a week. Claim they have upgraded the infotainment center 3 times but it still goes bank and or resets itself to new settings or resets to the factory default settings. Do I have a lemon? Considering contacting a lemon law attorney.

Return to “Faults & Technical”