Touch Screen Not Working

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
Willprice31

Re: Touch Screen Not Working

Post by Willprice31 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:23 am

Ours has been at guy salmon in Sheffield for 10 days now. Been waiting for the fault to occur so they can test the wiring as was told it was a power issue. Finally yesterday the fault occurred and after testing connections now saying the screen needs to be replaced ! Hope this solves the problem ! Frustrating to hear other people having a similar problem as all we’ve been told by the dealer is ours was a one off ! Amazing car and to be fair can’t fault guy salmon as we’re all in the hands of Land Rover uk but sounds like more than just a few minor cases so maybe a recall is due to fix problem once and for all ???

Padriver

Post by Padriver » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:18 pm

Same issue with my SE . Lower Touch screen will turn off for about 10-15 seconds at a time, has happened around 4 times total... Reboots it's self then comes back on. Air turned off for about hour and a half while driving in cold weather, on top of that issue, horrible condensation inside the car. Just bought my new one in Nov, and ready to trade back in for my GLE MB..

Lechooo

Post by Lechooo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:41 pm

In October I collected brand new Velar P380 R-Dynamic SE and I was very excited.
Next day main and bottom screens stop working. In outside temperature +7 C or below they need to start more then 20-50 minutes. At first main screen are started and start blinking. After next 10-15 minutes bottom screen starts. Its completely failer. My dealer service can’t resolve this problem since today. Car stays 2 months in dealer.
Screens movie: https://goo.gl/8TAJT9

Yip-man

Post by Yip-man » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:42 pm

I have had the lower screen stop working a couple of times. For me it only seems to happen if driving with the lower screen on car dynamics screen. If I leave it on climate I have not had the issue. However, I first noticed it happening on car dynamics screen while in dynamic mode, kept on that screen as only wanted on for a few mins then back to auto.

I’m wondering if others having the issue are experiencing the issue with same screen. However, never seem to have problem is lower screen on climate.

abescos

Post by abescos » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:13 pm

Same issue as @Yip-man here, the grey screen of death appears on the lower screen randomly (top screen works perfect). Fortunately it doesn’t happen too often (around 3-5 times per month with daily use of the vehicle). My feeling is that it is related with the horizontal swiping between music widget and phone widget. Avoiding this gesture has reduced the appearance.

What did your dealer told you about this, @Yip-man, did you finally called him on this topic in December? Mine in Spain is just waiting for next SW update...

Solution so far is to stop and restart the car and it goes live again. I forced myself this failure wont bother me enough to avoid enjoying this such fantastic car!!!!

Alvaro (Madrid)

IMG_3857.JPG

Yip-man

Post by Yip-man » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Yep spoke to dealer they logged it with JLR. There is no current fix. They checked software of the two components , checked linkage between both screens etc could not find anything all this went back to JLR Been busy enjoying car and festive period. Will let them know only seems to happen on certain screens.

One other thing I noticed today. Can some others check to see if this happens to their lower screens.

What ever screen you are on climate or seats etc. Press that same screen button again (mine goes blank- but keeps main heading buttons, press again and it comes back) seems a little odd to me.

Something else to feedback 😀

Going to call them this week for an update.

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:43 pm

That’s meant to happen. Press it twice and it goes to blank screen with heading. Something I was shown at handover.

My screen did this twice during the really cold weather but eventually came on after 10-20secs

Yip-man

Post by Yip-man » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:11 am

^ thanks. However, it does seem a strange thing to do. Did they mention what purpose this has ? As I cannot think of any reason why one would need this feature 😀

abescos

Post by abescos » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:26 pm

Yip-man, Milky400,
On the function to "light down lower screen" by re-pressing the current screen selection button, I think it makes some sense. it looks like a simple method to reduce the light projected into cabin. As this lower screen is really brilliant (specially in drive selection mode with the picture of the car, etc.) and it can bother sensitive-eye drivers in the night, with this simple method you just turn its lights down reducing light (and distraction) into your eye... I would think of it as entering a "sleep mode" for the screen.

Regards
Alvaro

Yip-man

Post by Yip-man » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:14 pm

^ Understand. However, the Velar does have stealth mode. Which does a similar thing but more ?

Return to “Faults & Technical”