Touch Screen Not Working

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
Milky400

Re: Touch Screen Not Working

Post by Milky400 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:58 pm

Yip-man. Maybe I’m the only one that uses it and finds it really useful at night.

My first Evoque had a “stealth” mode which turned the screen off and dimmed all the dash. Used it every evening. Missed it in the next Evoque.

abescos

Post by abescos » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:01 am

After 25 days of nice working, it did it again, and for 2 consecutive days... the grey screen of death appeared again on the bottom display.

Has anyone with this problem being provided with a real solution from dealer? Only hope for now is wait to see if the new SW upgrade from late January solves it...

It´s cold in Madrid now (around 3 deg. Celsius - 37 Fahrenheit) but not comparable to our colleagues from Canada, North UK, etc, Not sure if this has some relationship with the issue.

Alvaro

IMG_4218.jpg

Lechooo

Post by Lechooo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:36 pm

I have been fighting with the dealer since October 27. They still have no idea how to solve this problem. Main screen starts after 10 minutes and blinking. The bottom screen starts after 45-50 minutes of driving. Until then, I can not change the settings and use any of the 21 functions in the car. The dealer insists that it's a softwere, but a few updates have absolutely changed nothing. The car is useless:( :evil: :evil: :evil:

rep

Post by rep » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:41 pm

Same issue with the lower screen turning off. I am trying to get them to replace it. I am wondering if anybody here has had it replaced or have asked to be replaced and denied? I am having a hard time with my dealer getting a new screen.

VelarMan

Post by VelarMan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:48 pm

I know this is no consolation to you guys suffering here but folks who have taken deliveries of their MY18 RRS on their forums are reporting the exact same issues as on this forum now! Screens going off on all MY18 RRS! In fact almost all RRS MY18 delivered so far (around 5-6 guys on the forum!!) are rejecting their cars! Shocking from JLR simply shocking!!

P380NarvikEclipse

Post by P380NarvikEclipse » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:09 pm

Thanks for the update VelarMan. It really is shocking that they can’t get their act together. This situation has ZERO to do with 3rd parties like the USB phone recognition piece, so IMO there’s absolutely no excuse having launched the Velar with first deliveries last summer and to then launch the RRS and FFRR with the same issues. Shame on JLR. Hope they get this sorted ASAP, and am very grateful it hasn’t happened to me before.
‘18 RR Velar R-Dynamic SE P380, Narvik Black wrapped in Xpel Stealth PPF, Eclipse interior and a number of extras

rep

Post by rep » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:15 pm

I just got a callback from my dealer telling me this is known issue at Land Rover and they are expecting a fix with a software upgrade sometime in March - they assure me is not the screen itself -

VelarMan

Post by VelarMan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:43 pm

If its a known issue they need to stop delivering new cars and wait for the patch to be applied!! I can see further carnage on 1st March when the UK new reg starts and a number of RRV and RRS will be delivered with this on going fault/Issue! Crazy!

rep

Post by rep » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:00 pm

actually now that you mention that software issue doesn't make sense because then ALL velars would have the same software thus the same issue -

VelarMan

Post by VelarMan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:16 pm

All sports deffo seem this issue...

Return to “Faults & Technical”