Touch Screen Not Working

Faults and Technical chat for the Range Rover Velar
wsj

Re: Touch Screen Not Working

Post by wsj » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:51 pm

Anyone able to share their non-working TFT screen experience with an auto journalist? DM me or e-mail: chester.dawson@wsj.com

Ludo

Post by Ludo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:45 am

wsj wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:51 pm
Anyone able to share their non-working TFT screen experience with an auto journalist? DM me or e-mail: chester.dawson@wsj.com
very good initiative !

Hopefully this will help JLR understand they should really put their act together so to sort ICTP issues in a proactive and transparent manner toward their customers. Or maybe not...

My own touch screen has only been blank once and for a very short time. After car restart everything went back to normal. So I am kinda lucky on this issue ... my case would not do for the journalist. but I am sure someone will share their experience
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
MY18 Velar D180 R-Dyn S, Corris, Black sliding pano roof, 20'' black rims, Black leather, Teinted glass. delivered oct. 2
2014 Freelander 2 D160 HSE

Katie82

Post by Katie82 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:35 pm

I have had this many times... blank screens and taking ages to load... especially annoying when you need to de-mist as no climate functions. Also no cameras!!!!! I took back to dealer who did a reboot and it took 3 days to do software update!!!!!!! I'm not overly impressed.

scubarat

Post by scubarat » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:51 am

My lower screen has now turned purple - all functions still work. I will book in to dealers this morning unless anyone knows a work-around?

DRP

Post by DRP » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:10 pm

Sorry for repeating a post that I have made elsewhere here... but hopefully this helps...

Hi All.

In my post on the 19/4/18 I advised that my car was having the following installed:

Heated seats cutting out - LTB01182 Hevac control software update
IN control iPod and iPhone issues - LTB01108 V3 NGI phase 3 software update to infotainment muster control. Pathfinder V154 - latest version 19/04/18.

So far the seats seem to now operate without switching off, but I have yet to do any real testing as the weather has been too warm! The update does change the seat image in the lower screen to heater elements shown in red running from just below the headrest to the knee roll.

However the ITCP has been a revelation and frankly is how the car should have been on its release. So far there have been no issues with using my iPhone X (v11.3) and the calls are clear at both ends. As for the USB music streaming (bluetooth) connections to my iPod they are stable, have worked every time and Spotify comes up in the App screen after a few seconds of starting the car.

It all just works.... and beautifully. Whilst I never really enjoyed my first Velar as much as I thought I would, due to all the niggles and issues, this second one, with the new updates installed have changed that. It has become the car I thought it would be when the first press images were released and the car announced early last year.

The only thing that is still a (small) niggle is that the speed alert warning will not stay on by default, The traffic signal recognition does, but the alert itself has to be set to on each time you re-start the car.

Other than that, so far I love the car and it has behaved itself and does what it says in the tin! It is so different from its predecessor simply because the ITCP does what it should and works.

Deepak

Ntagiopoulos

Post by Ntagiopoulos » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:44 pm

Hello there. Same problem in a brand new Range Rover Sport 2018 3.0 that has the new touch pro duo screen and software as the velar.
My case:
Occasionally (3 times in 5 months old car) lower screen black (air condition not working - only max A/C, camera off, navigation off, parking sensors also off, driving mode also off). After stopped and returned (5-10’ later) it seemed ok. It wasn’t fixed when engine off and restarted immediately, but only after I stopped, got to my destination and returned after some time.

All the times it was after the first start of the day and in rather high temperatures (summer sun, car parked outside). It seems that it has something to do with that.

Extremely worrying in such an expensive car. I imagine dealerships have no answer, after reading this queue and messing with the current software seems pointless if not harmful.

I hope a software update solution will come up and that we will be informed.

jorous

Post by jorous » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:07 pm

I live in dubai and external temperature in 48 Celsius and still I got couple of blank screens in the last few weeks. this started to happen after the latest software update is installed

luigarma

Post by luigarma » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:23 am

New in the forum.
I have a RR Velar D300 2 months ago and everything has been problems since purchase.
2 mechanical faults (1 to solve), the SIM reader does not work (it has been replaced), the activiy key does not work, the upholstery of the rear uprights is out of square, the rear airbag cover is not and should check if it works. ..
But the worst thing is that the entire touch control system fails spontaneously, each day more, affecting the radio (it jumps from one station to another every 0.5 sec) the map navigator does not work, the speed signal recognizer freezes, the wheel controls jump 2 positions each click.
Other times the screens turn off completely while I drive; or the upper screen stops working the tilt and stays flat (does not tilt)
I have to reset the car every time and sometimes wait the next day to see if it works.
I have made a trip of 3000 km this month with my wife and it has been a nightmare.
The quality control is unacceptable and I want to make arrangements to return the car to Land Rover in Spain
Some help?
RR Velar D300 HSE

BainzyBoy

Post by BainzyBoy » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:53 pm

Oh myyy lorrd this thread makes me want to cancel my order.
MY19 R-Dynamic SE - Narvik Black - Black Pack - "20" 7 Spoke Gloss Black Alloys - Privacy Glass - Adaptive Dynamics Estimated Delivery Nov 2019

Loz

Post by Loz » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:35 pm

If you get a chance read some of my posts if you want more reasons to cancel your order. My car I am sure is not typical but has been and continues to be a nightmare.

11 weeks solid at dealer and another week with Land Ricer trying to fix issues the car has had from day one. That is three months off the road in nine months. Could have been in for a lot longer but I have phases where I just give up trying to get a car that works properly and as described.

Once they have your money or signature on the finance agreement you have no enforceable rights or none with a resolution in under say a year plus. I was told court action not guaranteed win and £ 50k cost. The FOS just plays gushes and takes a year or more to get a result that only partially puts things right.

Don’t get me wrong, some aspects of the Velar are very good but the technology/ software is rubbish.

Oil dilution on cars that JLR just steel your money insisting the customer pays for servicing every 3,500 miles! Expect utter BS from JLR and expect to have to do battle with on issues that other manufacturers are embarrassed about and apologieses for and rectified issues with speed and efficiency. Not JLR though.

Return to “Faults & Technical”