Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Live Services Software Fault

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  specky41 
#1 ·
Hi all.

I wanted to share my experience last year of leasing a Velar S, through my local Land Rover dealership Beadles of Southend-on-Sea, Essex.
Even though their lease costs were quite a bit higher than online broker, I was assured by them that if there were any problems they would fix immediately.
I took delivery of new Velar on 1st Nov 2017 and even though it passed their PDI checks, there were scratches on driver's door and door sill plate, (which they subsequently repaired after numerous emails).
More worryingly after a few days I noticed that the Sat Nav wasn't showing any traffic congestion (even though there was).

On further investigation it transpires that there is a software fault, so no Wi-fi Hotspot, no InControl Apps and no traffic updates would work.
It was returned to the dealership on 23 Nov 2017 and as of 18 Jan 2018, it still isn't fixed !

I have been fobbed off with new software updates, latest releases and waiting on a component, but at the end of the day it's a software fault that prevents any traffic congestion being displayed on your Sat Nav that nobody at JLR technical can fix.

Although the dealership lent me a loan car, nobody ever apologised and I was fobbed off for nearly 2 months.
Incredibly I was told by the dealership that I didn't have any consumer rights !

Luckily for me, I understood the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the manager of the dealership didn't.

If you reject faulty goods within the first 30 days, then you are entitled to a full refund.
I rejected the car on Day 30, by contacting Lex (the lease company) and received a full refund last week.

My advice is never buy a car outright.
Either lease it or buy with the in house finance company.

If i had bought that car outright, I probably would be still arguing with dealership on 1 Nov 2018 !

Unfortunately I have spoken to three people that have bought a Velar and all of them have had problems.
It's such a shame, as the Velar is a stunning looking car.

I guess it comes as no great surprise that the Velar has so many problems when you consider that in a What Car survey in 2017, the Range Rover Sport is the least reliable large SUV - and least reliable of all cars !

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars ... anese.html

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.