Insurance policies offered by JLR dealer

ALA Gap Insurance, Alloy Wheel and Dent Insurance.
dhough001

Insurance policies offered by JLR dealer

Post by dhough001 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:40 pm

Hi all. I have been offered GAP, tyre and alloy, and cosmetic repair insurance by the dealer in advance of picking my new velar up in a week or so. Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on the alloy and cosmetic repair insurance policies offered by the dealers and whether they were worth it. Also - is GAP insurance needed within the first 12 months of ownership?

Thanks
Black D180 S R-Dynamic, black pack, 20 inch black gloss 7 split spoke wheels, fixed panoramic roof.

Craigc

Re: Insurance policies offered by JLR dealer

Post by Craigc » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:48 pm

Hi Didn’t take Gap insurance out with dealer as was expensive compared to others, was advised that didn’t need it in 1st year as insurance covered replacement car in first year. Forgot to take out before car was 1 year old. Missed it by 2days 😬, due to current situation, when I rang and questioned it, I was told that it had now changed and would have had to have taken cover before car was 6 months old. Could only get cover for replacement at current market value, with values dropping in current climate I would definitely take cover out. Gap insurance on here has good reviews
275 HSE R Dynamic Silicon Silver

Haybrd

Post by Haybrd » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:57 am

I haggled with the dealer and got a good discount offered on all the insurances they offered, but when I looked around it was still cheaper elsewhere.

As said before, check with your insurer but most policies mean you don’t need GAP insurance to start until the vehicle is 1 year old. You can start the policy immediately though so you don’t forget. I got mine through directGAP.co.uk

Alloy insurance I got from tidyalloys.com The reviews seemed good and the price was reasonable.

I didn’t bother with any of the other policies.

Good luck!
MY20 D240 R-Dynamic SE, Santorini Black, 14 way heated, memory seats, Heated/power recline rear, 20” 7 spike gloss black wheels, Electrically deployable towbar, Fixed panoramic roof, Rear seat release , Power pack 2

dhough001

Post by dhough001 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:07 pm

Thanks both!! Much appreciated!! 😃
Black D180 S R-Dynamic, black pack, 20 inch black gloss 7 split spoke wheels, fixed panoramic roof.

Simonh

Post by Simonh » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:06 pm

Check insurance companies too. NFU have 2 years GAP as part of their policy.
Velar HSE D240 - MY19
Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 20 years of amazing customer service.

dhough001

Post by dhough001 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:54 pm

Cheers mate.