Qi wireless phone charger for center console

Buy and Sell from other members.
Srobert910

Qi wireless phone charger for center console

Post by Srobert910 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:07 pm

I hope this post is ok with Rob, I couldn’t find a way to contact him beforehand. Please remove this post if not.

I’ve designed and produced a center console cell phone charging pad for the Velar. I currently only have ones available for the left hand drive Velar, but will have RHD available very soon. I’m including the link to my Etsy listing for anyone this is interested. Please feel free to ask me any questions about this product.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/705580474/ ... e_active_1

Barachus

Re: Qi wireless phone charger for center console

Post by Barachus » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:51 am

The phone won’t fall off when you take a corner?

Tiiti

Post by Tiiti » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:33 am

Heya, what's your ETA on the UK/right hand drive version availability?
Arrived 12th September '19 | P250 | R-Dynamic HSE | Silicon Silver | MY20 Reg | 360 Camera | Contrast & Panoramic Roof | Privacy Glass | More here [url]https://build.landrover/51813557[/url]

Crabacle

Post by Crabacle » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:25 pm

I don’t get it. If you are using carplay or android play - you need to be plugged in to USB and that charges anyway.
If the ‘play’ did’t need usb connection then bob on !
Evoque..... Disco Sport....... Velar........ Glutton for punishment.....

Srobert910

Post by Srobert910 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:55 pm

The top surface is a non slip grip rubber, I’ve never had the phone slip off during cornering for the past 3 months of daily testing. I don’t drive like a maniac, but do drive in areas with higher speed cornering.

A rhd version will be Available hopefully next week.

Not all Velar owners have CarPlay or android auto installed. I do have it on my Velar but rarely use it. I am working on a cradle in the same location that will plug directly into the USB port in the console, but it will have to be phone specific. That will limit the designs to the most popular phone models and phone cases.

Srobert910

Post by Srobert910 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:16 am

I have RHD versions available now. Here is an updated link to my Etsy store where the charger can be purchased.

https://www.etsy.com/Vulcan13/listing/7 ... 3160274793

Use code VELAR2019 to receive a discount. Also, Etsy calculates the shipping, so it’s going to vary depending on your location. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to lower shipping charges, I’m not marking it up.

CHINDIT

Post by CHINDIT » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:14 pm

I purchased both the RHD QI Charger pad and the Andorid / Apple Car dock from Scott via the https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SLVRdesign3d?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=722580693

I can only use one at a time but wanted to buy both so I could find which suits me better. Liased with Scott via email in advance and he agreed to waive postage for the second item which was helpful as both could be packaged together. I had concerns whether a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 would fit as it is such a large phone. He kindly checked the measurements for the phone and measured the space on his Velar and confirmed in would fit.

I place the order on October 5th and ten days later the products were delivered in UK (I had a small customs charge to pay to the postman).

Both items are superb and fit perfectly into the vehicle, look like factory fit and worked first time. The car dock plugs into the USB port under the armrest whilst the QI charger uses the adjacent 12 volt socket. Wiring is invisible when the armrest in shut and Scott encloses two sticky back cloth strips that can be stuck to the inside of the armrest compartment so wires are hidden when the armrest is raised.

I think I am likely to use the car dock more as that enables use of Android Auto and gives access to my Amazon Music play lists. QI charger would be better if JLR are eventually able to offer wireless Android Auto / Apple Carplay. So pleased with the purchase and highly recommend to other Velar owners. Amazing what Scott can do with a 3D printer - I am so impressed with these additions to the car.
Range Rover Velar D240 R Dynamic HSE - Indus Silver - Ebony - Privacy Glass - 21" 5 Spoke Gloss Sparkle Alloys

liben96

Post by liben96 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:27 am

CHINDIT wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:14 pm
I purchased both the RHD QI Charger pad and the Andorid / Apple Car dock from Scott via the https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SLVRdesign3d?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=722580693

I can only use one at a time but wanted to buy both so I could find which suits me better. Liased with Scott via email in advance and he agreed to waive postage for the second item which was helpful as both could be packaged together. I had concerns whether a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 would fit as it is such a large phone. He kindly checked the measurements for the phone and measured the space on his Velar and confirmed in would fit.

I place the order on October 5th and ten days later the products were delivered in UK (I had a small customs charge to pay to the postman).

Both items are superb and fit perfectly into the vehicle, look like factory fit and worked first time. The car dock plugs into the USB port under the armrest whilst the QI charger uses the adjacent 12 volt socket. Wiring is invisible when the armrest in shut and Scott encloses two sticky back cloth strips that can be stuck to the inside of the armrest compartment so wires are hidden when the armrest is raised.

I think I am likely to use the car dock more as that enables use of Android Auto and gives access to my Amazon Music play lists. QI charger would be better if JLR are eventually able to offer wireless Android Auto / Apple Carplay. So pleased with the purchase and highly recommend to other Velar owners. Amazing what Scott can do with a 3D printer - I am so impressed with these additions to the car.
Can you post some pictures?

CHINDIT

Post by CHINDIT » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:34 am

liben96 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:27 am
Can you post some pictures?
Will do in due course........my Velar has been off the road for past 22 days as Lookers try to solve problem with fumes entering the cabin. Once I get the vehicle back I will take and post pictures of the charger.
Range Rover Velar D240 R Dynamic HSE - Indus Silver - Ebony - Privacy Glass - 21" 5 Spoke Gloss Sparkle Alloys

Post by 03184 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:25 pm

Just ordered one of these, looks perfect for charging and ACP while keeping the phone in a non slip position. Will post photos once arrived and setup. Hats off to the guy who designed this.
MY19 D275 R-Dynamic SE, Yulong White, 20” 1032 style wheels, panoramic roof, Matrix LED Signature lights.

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”