What are the thoughts about the Velar seats and lack of Lumbar Support?

Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
Veyep

What are the thoughts about the Velar seats and lack of Lumbar Support?

Post by Veyep » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:30 pm

I opted for a P380 S with 10 way seats. I had no idea that Lumbar support was an option! I was told that the only feature difference was the power headrest and massage. The seats are killing my back as I make a 200 mile (one way) trip every few weeks. Anyone else have an issue?

J77

Re: What are the thoughts about the Velar seats and lack of Lumbar Support?

Post by J77 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:04 pm

No problems here.
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 18MY R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White

Bowow

Post by Bowow » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:53 pm

Yes I am having problem too with the seats .

Queried with my dealer and told that after 5000 miles the leather will supple up and be easier . Sounds like a fob off if ever I heared one .

I collected the car last Saturday, 240SE with the option 10 way heated / cooled seats and within a few miles I had this niggling pain in the top of my right thigh . By constant adjusting of seat it is improved but not right . Ok I am a 60 year old with a few aches and pains anyway but today my 39 year old son in law tried it and could feel the problem too .

I feel the seat is too far left within the cockpit and you have to push your leg to the right to press the accelerator putting your leg out of alignment with your body and this causes the thigh to dig into the right squab.

I am going to follow this up again with dealer & Land Rover as to face 4 years contact hire with a pain in the ass is disappointing to say the least ! The car is absolutely stunning in every other respect

Bowow

Pcheaven

Post by Pcheaven » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:33 am

Veyep wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:30 pm
I opted for a P380 S with 10 way seats. I had no idea that Lumbar support was an option! I was told that the only feature difference was the power headrest and massage. The seats are killing my back as I make a 200 mile (one way) trip every few weeks. Anyone else have an issue?
I find mine very comfy. Though I am low maintenance. I set the height and backrest tilt. That’s good enough for me. This misses on the other hand will **** around with the settings for bloody hours and still complain. Not just about the seats !! :)
I-Pace First Edition. Photon Red

Gone : R Dynamic HSE D300. HeadsUp, black pack, 22&20” black wheels, Off road pack, Tracker, air ionisation, tow bar, roof rails, pano roof, privacy glass, illuminated door plates, extended leather, config lighting

Nunp

Post by Nunp » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:49 pm

I equally find the seat too positioned to the left and have my right leg over the base seat bolster so quite annoying. Other than that seat comfortable without lumber support.
D180 R-Dynamic SE in Corris Grey, 21 10 Spoke Satin Grey alloys, Privacy glass, Ebony grained leather, Fixed panoramic sunroof, Smartphone pack, No Roof Rails, No Derivative and/or Engine Badge

mark.coggle

Post by mark.coggle » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:06 pm

was originally looking at getting an SE, tried to configure it for seats with lumber adjust, became costly, so ended up with HSE for the higher spec seats. (and a few other options ). TBH for a car of this stature i cannot believe it doesn't come as standard on all models. Most other cars have lumber adjustment as standard. Was the only dent in the whole purchasing process.

Return to “Land Rover Customer Relations”