Cracked Panoramic Sunroof

Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
Enthusiast

Re: Cracked Panoramic Sunroof

Post by Enthusiast » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:24 am

Same exact thing with the same exact shape just showed up this morning spontaneously out of no where. AFAIK nothing made any contact with the sunroof and the crack cannot be felt anywhere. No sign of an impact. Looks like a very strange crack

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:18 am

Had the exact issue on a courtesy car from JLR, main reason I have not spec’d this on the last 3.

I’m not sure how an insurance company would see this either and whether this is down to a defect. Caused maybe by heat expansion if its been fitted incorrectly or body flex, although these cars are extremely ridged.
D275 R-Dynamic HSE, Firenze Red, Heated Steering Wheel (a must after missing it out on the old car) Dynamic Pack, Black Roof, Privacy Glass.

Previous R-Dynamic D180 S with a few extras successfully rejected

BobAlsop

Post by BobAlsop » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:20 pm

The same happened to me over the weekend.

Car had been parked up all day, and no sign of any impact.

Cracked front to back in a meandering way.

I wonder if the extreme heat has caused, but presumably there would be some underlying fault in the either glass or the roof manufacture, with some inherent stress raiser causing it to crack.

Am currently playing phone tag with the dealership to find out what is wrong with it.

I've had a number of other cars with panoramic sunroofs and never experienced anything like this.

Will let you know how I get on with JLR.

Graeme

Post by Graeme » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:41 am

Hi all

The number of cases appearing in here is worrying. I take delivery of mine this week and have opted for this option but with full slide/tilt.

For those with the issue currently, has this been mainly on the fixed panoramic roof?

D240 R-Dynamic HSE (September 2019 MY20)
Narvik Black, Light oyster/ebony interior
Black Pack, Sliding Pano Roof, 9007 22" alloys
Heated steering wheel, Priv glass
Dynamic Pack, Amb lighting, 360 Camera

Enthusiast

Post by Enthusiast » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:35 pm

Mine is full sun roof type. Opens all the way. I contacted the dealer who disavowed knowledge. Am waiting for the next upcoming service to speak with them directly about it. Anyone else heard from their dealer or Land Rover Corp on this issue?

Return to “Land Rover Customer Relations”