Premature Brake Disc Corrosion

Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
Kog9

Premature Brake Disc Corrosion

Post by Kog9 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:48 pm

At only covering 10k miles a Landrover Technician has highlighted that I have signs of corrosion during a service,
Is this possible to be rectified under warranty ?
UK. 2018 p380 dynamic R Corris Grey 22” alloys

headpin

Re: Premature Brake Disc Corrosion

Post by headpin » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:19 pm

I had this on my previous Evoque a couple of years ago. Picked up on first service and the dealer remedied under warranty without even being prompted.

CRC@LandRover

Post by CRC@LandRover » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:47 am

Kog9 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:48 pm
At only covering 10k miles a Landrover Technician has highlighted that I have signs of corrosion during a service,
Is this possible to be rectified under warranty ?
Good Morning Kog9,

Thank you for your post.

I would like to offer my assistance, and look into your query.

Should you wish for me to do so then please do not hesitate to contact me via PM with the following information:

Your Vehicle Identification Number
Your Personal Contact Details

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

Kog9

Post by Kog9 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:23 pm

That’s good to hear headpin👍🏻

Thanks Dan, pm sent....👍🏻
UK. 2018 p380 dynamic R Corris Grey 22” alloys

geniusloci

Post by geniusloci » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:43 pm

I have a similar issue, my local dealer (there is just one in Bulgaria) pretty much ignored me. The whole brake assembly looks as if it's some Dacia or old Mazda...
ImageFirst Edition D300 HSE in Silver Flux Matte, Cete Automotive Active Sound, MOMO RF-04 wheels Pirelli Scorpion All Season tyres

Spencerwilks

Post by Spencerwilks » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:23 pm

I was informed by my dealer that JLR will no longer replace rusty brake discs under warranty mainly due to the spending freeze that is affecting all departments. This is not a good situation but should be a timely lesson to the purchasing department at JLR that sourcing cheap products and squeezing suppliers on price is not good for customer relations and satisfaction.
2019 2.0 D 240 HSE Aruba/ Light Oyster heated and cooled 20 way seats, Extended leather upgrade, Air Suspension, Deployable Steps ,Smartphone pack. Matrix LED lights ,Heated steering wheel,Ex JLR Managers Steed so loaded with extras.

MarcusGVA

Post by MarcusGVA » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:55 am

@Spencerwilks: That is more than bad news. Doesn’t JLR have a legal obligation under its warranty contracts with customers???? I would be surprised if JLR could just simply get away with this, at least here in Switzerland.
RR Velar P250 SE, premium exterior pack, Santorini Black, pano retractable sun roof, 21” wheels, privacy glass, and more of that jazz ...

HarryR

Post by HarryR » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:59 am

Warranties generally do not affect your statutory rights so if a product is not of merchantable quality or is not fit for for the purpose intended then there may be a legal claim. If you have legal cover as part of your motor or home insurance it may be worth calling the provider for advice.

MarcusGVA

Post by MarcusGVA » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:36 pm

Thanks, Harry. Exactly what I was thinking. So I would certainly raise this with JLR.
RR Velar P250 SE, premium exterior pack, Santorini Black, pano retractable sun roof, 21” wheels, privacy glass, and more of that jazz ...