Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
liben96

Re: Premature Brake Disc Corrosion

Post by liben96 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:30 pm

Can some of you guys post some pictures where can see the corrosion? :(

Spencerwilks

Post by Spencerwilks » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:31 pm

See latest thread on Forum “Brake Squeal” where a photograph of typical rusty brake discs on JLR vehicles has been posted.JLR Customer Relations Department stated that this is fair wear and tear and would not be considered as a warranty claim.My Velar a year old was purchased in August 2020 with 10 600 miles on the clock having previously been a JLR managers car. OW 19 ZTX
At my own expense I had the discs removed skimmed to remove the rust and repainted to make them look acceptable on a £70K car when new. The attitude of JLR on the problem of rusty discs across the range of vehicles is not acceptable.

CE74C99F-7441-4EAB-853A-3E404760426B.png

1981Linley

Post by 1981Linley » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:13 pm

Mine are just like the ones in that picture too. I've had enough of LR to be honest after a Disco 3, 4, RR Evoque and the current Velar. Had problems with all but the Evoque, but only had that a year tbh.

CRC@LandRover

Post by CRC@LandRover » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:41 pm

1981Linley wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:13 pm
Mine are just like the ones in that picture too. I've had enough of LR to be honest after a Disco 3, 4, RR Evoque and the current Velar. Had problems with all but the Evoque, but only had that a year tbh.
Hi 1981Linley,

Thank you for your post and your patience in waiting for a response.

I am deeply concerned to learn of you experience and would like to investigate further. Please may I request that you send me a PM and provide your Vehicle Identification Number and your contact details, and I would be happy to escalate your concerns within the relevant area of the business.

Many thanks, Dan - Land Rover UK

Spencerwilks

Post by Spencerwilks » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:34 pm

This is very interesting and positive that Dan from Customer Relations has responded to you in this way. Perhaps they have had a change of policy under the new CEO Thierry Bellore who did pledge to improve customer service. On every conversation I have had with CRC since last August they have always stated that rusty brake discs were not a warranty issue rather being fair wear and tear which many of us have rightly disagreed with. I hope that you will receive a good outcome and get your rusty discs replaced under warranty. Please keep us posted.
2019 2.0 D 240 HSE Aruba/ Windsor Light Oyster heated and cooled 20 way seats, Air Suspension, Deployable Steps ,Matrix LED lights , Extended leather upgrade, Meriden 825W Sound, Heated steering wheel, Tracker. USA licence plate plinths.