Ghvelar

Re: Noisy tyres and vacuum effect on my ears

Post by Ghvelar » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:29 pm

Hi. Did anyone resolve this issue?
Thanks

Casper

Post by Casper » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:13 pm

Hi, I'm also interested if anyone managed to find the cause. I've recently bought a 2019 P300 R-Dynamic HSE & noticed this exact thing happening. It mainly seemed to happen around 70mph but did notice it a couple of times at slower speeds but it's not constant & doesn't seem to relate to road surface.
My car is running the optional 22" wheels fitted with pirelli scorpion zero tyres & has air suspension fitted.
One thing I noticed is that while 3 tyres are original (date stamped 2019) one of the rears has been replaced (date stamped 2020 & looks to have done maybe 1k miles) car has covered 13k miles.
I queried this with main dealer as LR recommend replacing all 4 or if this is the possible to replace in pairs but he said replacing one is OK as far as used approved is concerned.
I'm not convinced though so I've ordered a new matching pirelli to be fitted later this week but if this doesn't sort it I'd like to get to the bottom if it as it I quite annoying.
Regards.

DigitalJunior

Post by DigitalJunior » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:40 pm

Did anyone find a solution ?

Got the same issue and just changed all four wheels and tyres and still got same booming sound.

The loaner car velar didn’t have this issue.

Casper

Post by Casper » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:41 pm

Further to my previous post on this thread I had the tyre replaced so I've now got matching tyre tread & this seems to have made a little difference but I've still got this occasional low frequency noise. There is another thread going where owners are describing a very similar noise & someone has said the dealer has found the fuel pipes weren't fixed properly & having them altered has stopped the noise ?