Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre

Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
CRC@LandRover

Re: Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre

Post by CRC@LandRover » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:57 am

Good morning all,

Thank you for your posts.

Whilst I am awaiting for my PM permissions to be changed and set up, I would advise that anyone who has any specific queries they require assistance with to send me an email to jlrcrcsm@jaguarlandrover.com with their vehicle and contact details.

I will then try to provide guidance where necessary via this method until I am allowed PM access which is where I will require details moving forward.

Thanks,
Amellia

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:50 am

garymontague wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:53 am
Milky400 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:50 am
Have you read the manual?

As said above thats all perfectly normal. See note from the owners manual

"NOTE
The grass/gravel/snow, eco, and comfort terrain response driving programs remain selected indefinitely.
Make sure that the correct terrain response driving program is selected for the current terrain and driving conditions."
No, sorry I hadn't. Maybe I should have done first before posting.

Thank you for looking and posting for me. Glad to know it's doing what it's designed to do :)

As men, we obviously do not need said manuals/instructions only if something breaks :D

if you are smart phoned up, download the "Land Rover iGuide" really useful

VelarDave

Post by VelarDave » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:08 pm

Hi Customer Relations

Could you let us know if the Velar is vulnerable to the wireless key opening/starting attacks we are hearing in the news?
Criminals basically setting up a wireless amplification device that then bridges to signal to your car.

Thanks for letting us all know

D
D240 R-Dynamic Silicon Silver, 20" 1032 AirSus

CRC@LandRover

Post by CRC@LandRover » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:42 pm

VelarDave wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:08 pm
Hi Customer Relations

Could you let us know if the Velar is vulnerable to the wireless key opening/starting attacks we are hearing in the news?
Criminals basically setting up a wireless amplification device that then bridges to signal to your car.

Thanks for letting us all know

D
Good afternoon VelarDave,

Thank you for your post.

With regards to your concerns, I can advise that Land Rover are constantly developing features and systems to ensure that our vehicles are not a result of crime or theft.

I would advise should you have any concerns that a free security check is completed with your local retailer to ensure only the necessary keys are registered to the module.

Thanks,
Amellia

VelarDave

Post by VelarDave » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi Amelia,

Thanks for that, however it sort of skirts an answer. I guess i'll have to ask the dealer... whom i'm sure will then have to ask JLR.

Anyway.. i'm happy today as within 2hrs we pick up our new Velar.

:D
D240 R-Dynamic Silicon Silver, 20" 1032 AirSus

david-DJ

P300 spec not uploaded

Post by david-DJ » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:37 am

I was very pleased to get the call last week to say my Velar would be ready for collection Monday. We agreed a time and logistics detail. The an hour before I was due to arrive, I got a call to say there was a hitch. Oh no, not some fault found! But no, the car’s details had not been passed to the DVLA and could not be registered or taxed. This was seen as a system issue and despite escalations by my dealer they were told it should be sorted overnight. We agreed I would go down and complete most of the paperwork and vehicle hand over to minimise time when rectified.
The next morning I received a call to say the car was now visible in the dealer DVLA portal so all is fine. However, when I arrived it seemed the normal process did not work. The dealer now had their senior people and JLR looking at the problem as DVLA confirmed not all details were input to them. While we waited and I drank more coffee, we agreed I would activate the 7 day JLR insurance and get a quote. On the phone I was asked usual questions and the exact model of the car. Velar S P 300, I replied, as that is what was parked beside me. ‘Are you sure?’ She said as I don’t have that on my list. She requested to speak to the dealer, and of course he told her the same. After a considerable time while the agent sought technical help at her end, help she said she could proceed.
Meantime, JLR had found that the P300 spec was not showing in the engine details and some further updates were taking place to re-enter into DVLA. After a total of 3 hours, in the dealership on the second visit they were able to register and tax the vehicle!
Surely I didn’t take delivery of the first P300 in the UK? Not even JLRs own insurance company had the engine listed!

The great news is the car is great!

david-DJ

Post by david-DJ » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:20 pm

Surprised I have had no response from LR customer Relationship?

kriswilson

Post by kriswilson » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:01 pm

Hi David,

Interesting point you made, a little similar to my own experience so I am keen to see what response you get.

We ordered a D180 R-Dynamic S a few months ago, all paperwork was issued to us and signed as such. Collected the car and all was well until I tried to get insurance and the company in question instructed me I have a D240 and not D180, nope i replied, i'm looking at the signed finance documents i have and its definitely a D180.

Long story short, the car provided by my dealer is in fact a D240 and I've to go back in and re-sign new finance documents showing the correct model. Due to this error being out of my control, the dealer has reduced the finance rate in order to bring the monthly payments inline (ISH +35p) but I now have a final payment which is higher than what i agreed and signed for previously. I'm told that most people never pay the final payment so not to worry about it, i'm not convinced!

Looking forward to hearing what Customer Relations have to say.

Thanks,
Kris

VelarMan

Post by VelarMan » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:06 pm

kriswilson wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:01 pm
Hi David,

Interesting point you made, a little similar to my own experience so I am keen to see what response you get.

We ordered a D180 R-Dynamic S a few months ago, all paperwork was issued to us and signed as such. Collected the car and all was well until I tried to get insurance and the company in question instructed me I have a D240 and not D180, nope i replied, i'm looking at the signed finance documents i have and its definitely a D180.

Long story short, the car provided by my dealer is in fact a D240 and I've to go back in and re-sign new finance documents showing the correct model. Due to this error being out of my control, the dealer has reduced the finance rate in order to bring the monthly payments inline (ISH +35p) but I now have a final payment which is higher than what i agreed and signed for previously. I'm told that most people never pay the final payment so not to worry about it, i'm not convinced!

Looking forward to hearing what Customer Relations have to say.

Thanks,
Kris
I've heard of dealership mess ups but this one takes the cake! They gave you a higher spec car - enjoy it - you own the car if you sell it before the end of the PCP and pay the finance off you will be much better off as the residual value of the D240 will be way more than the D180!
Current Fleet:
2017 Range Rover Velar First Edition - Sold
2018 Range Rover SVR - In build
2017 Range Rover Evoque HSE Dynamic
2014 Ferrari 458 Italia
2017 Porsche Panamera Hybrid-E
2015 Mini Cooper S

Omar1

Post by Omar1 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Arianne wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:04 pm
Brooke1403 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:50 pm
Hi Amellia,
Two issues for me do far.
First, a burning smell which happens on an occasional basis. It’s been mentioned on here before and my dealer says it’s something to do with the particulate filter.
Second, the full screen map keeps collapsing to 2/3 size with an unwanted information box turning up on the right. Can’t find a way to stop it and it takes the car position off centre.
As an aside on the Evoque the drivers seat moves to the lowest position on exit but not on the Velar? Does it just rely on the air suspension dropping?
I have a D300SE R-dynamic.
Thanks,
David (Norwich)
Regarding the seat dropping to the lowest position when exiting the car on the Velar. My seat drops and the steering wheel withdraws the moment I release the door latch. It stays that way until I get in and press the start button - then the seat and steering wheel return to my memory setting.

However, you need to have the little knob on the side of the steering column switched to auto and not manual.

The Velar has a huge number of customisable settings, some of which are embedded deep down three layers on the driver control panel or even in the InControl centre screen. It has taken me about ten days and 1200 miles of driving to work most of it out - rain sensing wipers, auto- height suspension on parking, auto-full beam headlights etc etc.

It requires focus, curiosity and time! But it's worth it.

There's still a few things I am yet to discover or customise but I am getting there.

Best wishes,

Arianne
I take it you have the electric steering wheel option for this too work

Return to “Land Rover Customer Relations”