Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
AndreaZangani

Re: 17C Update Release

Post by AndreaZangani » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:27 am

sddawson wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:16 am
AndreaZangani wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:22 am
Yesterday I've contacted my dealer providing him all the infos, versions, etc..., but he has no clue of the update :(

Not sure wether it's him, it's italy related issue or the '18 activated models needs a different version as, a part of some niggles and very minor temporary issues, my system is working pretty well with the previous version with all the usb, artwork, live services, etc... working
My USB works pretty well also, but Bluetooth not so much. Continuously cuts out after a few minutes, and usually no Spotify artwork or track names. How’s your Bluetooth?
Mmmmmmm, honestly I'm not using Spotify.

Sometimes, during a phone call, the voice disappears for a moment and than it comes back not showing the info regarding who's I'm at the phone with anymore, but's not a big deal.

While i'm listening to music from my phone using bluetooth I can see albums artworks both in the upper and lower screens but not in the one behind the wheel, but let me double check on this, I need to confirm it as sometimes i'm connecting the phone via usb and I want to make sure i'm not confusing between the two.

FYI i'm using iPhone X with iOS 11.2.6 in a 2018 built car

Oh, once I've disconnected my phone from the usb and connected my girlfriend's straight after but the system still thought it was mine instead of her's. My phone name was still shown on the screen and, I don't know why, the sat nav system was a bit confused too keeping on repeating indications every once in a while even if they were not needed as I was drivin on a straight 80+ km route :)

sddawson

Post by sddawson » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:52 pm

AndreaZangani wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:27 am
ummmmmm, honestly I'm not using Spotify.

Sometimes, during a phone call, the voice disappears for a moment and than it comes back not showing the info regarding who's I'm at the phone with anymore, but's not a big deal.

While i'm listening to music from my phone using bluetooth I can see albums artworks both in the upper and lower screens but not in the one behind the wheel, but let me double check on this, I need to confirm it as sometimes i'm connecting the phone via usb and I want to make sure i'm not confusing between the two.

Oh, once I've disconnected my phone from the usb and connected my girlfriend's straight after but the system still thought it was mine instead of her's. My phone name was still shown on the screen and, I don't know why, the sat nav system was a bit confused too keeping on repeating indications every once in a while even if they were not needed as I was drivin on a straight 80+ km route :)
Have you tried listening via Bluetooth for an extended period? I’ve had the issue with phone calls too sometimes. Same phone and version as yours. 2017 built car. Not sure about the satnav. I’ve not been on a long straight drive with it on. Could just be normal.

troete2000

Post by troete2000 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:18 pm

Is there any RRV in Germany with an 17C Update? All dealers in my region don't know anything about this software.

AndreaZangani

Post by AndreaZangani » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:24 pm

sddawson wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:52 pm
AndreaZangani wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:27 am
ummmmmm, honestly I'm not using Spotify.

Have you tried listening via Bluetooth for an extended period? I’ve had the issue with phone calls too sometimes. Same phone and version as yours. 2017 built car. Not sure about the satnav. I’ve not been on a long straight drive with it on. Could just be normal.
Hi, today i’ve double checked the Bluetooth music connection and everything is fine with me, the artworks too even thought I’m not 100% sure wether the system takes it from my phone or from gracenote thought the internet connection via the SIM card....but they are showed 🙂

Regarding the sat nav i’m 100% sure that it is not normal as the usual behaviour is when it says something only while approaching to a certain point where the driver should do something. I’ve just have had two 450+ km journeys and i’ve tested it extensively 😬

sddawson

Post by sddawson » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:22 pm

AndreaZangani wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi, today i’ve double checked the Bluetooth music connection and everything is fine with me, the artworks too even thought I’m not 100% sure wether the system takes it from my phone or from gracenote thought the internet connection via the SIM card....but they are showed 🙂

Regarding the sat nav i’m 100% sure that it is not normal as the usual behaviour is when it says something only while approaching to a certain point where the driver should do something. I’ve just have had two 450+ km journeys and i’ve tested it extensively 😬
Thanks for that. Bluetooth definitely cuts out for short periods from time to time for me. Were you checking artwork, track names etc. while using Spotify on Bluetooth? That’s the only app that has this problem.

I had a somewhat extended journey the other day, and wasn’t overly prompted by the satnav. I know most systems give you a “continue on the current route for x kms” every now and then, but not too often.

AndreaZangani

Post by AndreaZangani » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:17 am

sddawson wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:22 pm
AndreaZangani wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:24 pm

Thanks for that. Bluetooth definitely cuts out for short periods from time to time for me. Were you checking artwork, track names etc. while using Spotify on Bluetooth? That’s the only app that has this problem.

I had a somewhat extended journey the other day, and wasn’t overly prompted by the satnav. I know most systems give you a “continue on the current route for x kms” every now and then, but not too often.
no no no, I'm not using spotify at all, I'm seeing the artworks of the musico on my phone!

sddawson

Post by sddawson » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:33 am

Ok - I’m talking about playing music from Spotify on the phone via Bluetooth. After the first track or so, track names and artwork are no longer shown on the screens.

peterd

Post by peterd » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:02 pm

Hello

I did the 17c update, clearly the usb connexion is much more stable...I still do not have live services..,no access to my deezer account :evil:

Milky400

Post by Milky400 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:14 am

I’m still struggling. However I was told yesterday that another update beyond 17C Is still on the way but they are having problems with it.

AndreaZangani

Post by AndreaZangani » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:42 pm

I've contacted my dealer, sent him proofs in some official TOPIX bullettin that the 17C4 update exist, I've asked to have it installed in my car but, since it dosen't appear on TOPIX automatically under "things to do" or something he is saing that there is nothing to do in my car.

I need your help guys, what else could I do?

I've already written to jlrinfo@legalmail.it (contact email for JLR in Italy) some days ago but no answer so far

Return to “Land Rover Customer Relations”