17C Update Release

Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
Milky400

Re: 17C Update Release

Post by Milky400 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:06 pm

tell them you are having issues with the system as it is and surely they have to update it.

I have had it confirmed from my dealer that 17C4 exists and they will be installing it on my car when it is in in a couple of weeks having other stuff sorted

AndreaZangani

Post by AndreaZangani » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:12 pm

Milky400 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:06 pm
tell them you are having issues with the system as it is and surely they have to update it.

I have had it confirmed from my dealer that 17C4 exists and they will be installing it on my car when it is in in a couple of weeks having other stuff sorted
Unfortunately I've already told them about the issues but it dosen't helped. Actually I've started telling them so...

AndreaZangani

Post by AndreaZangani » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:42 pm

AndreaZangani wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:42 pm
I've contacted my dealer, sent him proofs in some official TOPIX bullettin that the 17C4 update exist, I've asked to have it installed in my car but, since it dosen't appear on TOPIX automatically under "things to do" or something he is saing that there is nothing to do in my car.

I need your help guys, what else could I do?

I've already written to jlrinfo@legalmail.it (contact email for JLR in Italy) some days ago but no answer so far
Hello all, just a quick update:

after sending to my dealer this video regarding one and only one example of the behavior of my incontrol touch pro duo finnally they gave my an appontment for the 23rd of April. Fingers crossed

Oh, on another note I would like to thank @CRC@landrover for the PM of interest regarding my issue she sent me, for now I would wait for the result of the appointment, if it dosen't resolve anything I'll ask for your help

Brooke1403

Post by Brooke1403 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:55 pm

Mine was completed last Friday and the signs are good!
Only issue remains connecting iPhone via USB but it’s fine over Bluetooth.
Some nice minor graphics improvements too such as adding a picture of the Velar to the distance control of the active cruise.
After 7 months of disappointing problems I’m quietly confident the original promise is now being delivered.

DRP

Post by DRP » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:28 pm

DRP

Post by DRP » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:27 pm

Ok the car has been updated and is being washed. The technician handed me the following bulletin numbers.

Heated seats cutting out - LTB01182 Hevac control software update

IN control iPod and iPhone issues - LTB01108 V3 NGI phase 3 software update to infotainment muster control. Pathfinder V154 - latest version 19/04/18.

Will update on the performance once I’ve lived with the update for a day or 2.

D.

AndreaZangani

Post by AndreaZangani » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:43 am

Hello, just a quick update: this morning I brought my car to the dealer and, after plugging it in to the computer they found out that there are two differents updates, one regarding the incontrol touch pro due system, approx 4,5 working time they said, and another one where they have been very general about (they mentioned an incontrol touch pro due configuration but I'm very much in doubt about if it is really it, ) and it should take approx 45min working time.

After taking an evoque as a courtesy car I left the dealer and waiting for a call, everything should be ready for this evening. Hopefully.

I'll keep you updated.

P.S. on the way back It seemed to me that the evoque suffer LESS wind noise compared to the velar at the same road speed, it is just me or do you think too the velar suffer of too much wind and tarmac noise?

Mr. Singh

Post by Mr. Singh » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:30 am

Since this seems to be the most contentious issue on the Forum - I'm posting this update on multiple related threads so apologies in advance if you read it twice!

Got a call from my Dealership last week to confirm that the PDI had been completed and the Car had been Registered all set for collection. I had given them a comprehensive list of all TOPIX Actions, Safety Bulletins, Software Updates, Internal/External Checks etc, so went to check my Velar before the handover to confirm they had incorporated the latest 17C6 Version.

My Service Manager contacted the JLR Area Technical Manager and received the confirmation that the 'Phase 3 Update' is latest for infotainment systems and resolves all software glitches.

They've also provided the attached image to verify that my Car is fully updated and 'Version 19C' has been incorporated into the ECU Diagnostics and Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) Updates.

Hopefully this helps some of you, and please let me know if this is a step in the right direction? Thanks :)

IMG_3104.JPG

ECU & IMC Software Updates

AndreaZangani

Post by AndreaZangani » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:58 pm

Long story short:

this morning I went back to the dealer and they have welcomed me with great enthusiast stating they have updated several things such as the air conditioning module, the InControl unit, the gearbox module, etc... (my car was delivered the 26th of February, only 2 months old and already big updates...)

...I turned on the car, same old software version and same glitches...

The people were very polite and definitely in good will but they just didn't know what to do and how so I managed to make them attach the car to the computer again and, standing next to the guy in front of the computer, I've found a menu next to the window @Mr.Singh posted, were they had access to install software version 3...

The guy seemed genuinely sorry for not having found it by himself, he just told me that they never did any lesson or whatsoever teaching them how to use PATHFINDER..........could be half the true and half an excuse

It took approx 2H to download and install with no incident and now i have the new software version updated to today.

I haven't had the chance to test it in dept but, as many other people stated, everything seems to work better and faster, basically as it should have been from the beginning.

Regarding the wind noise it was only my impression, I've tested another Velar they had there as a demo car and it was doing exactly the same noise

KRG

Post by KRG » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:11 pm

AndreaZangani wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:58 pm
Regarding the wind noise it was only my impression, I've tested another Velar they had there as a demo car and it was doing exactly the same noise
What does it sound like and where is it coming from? I have an isolated wind noise coming from the driver's side window. I think it's the window seal. That's the only place it seems to be coming from. General cabin noise seems low however.
18 Velar R-Dynamic SE P250, Narvik Black/Eclipse

Return to “Land Rover Customer Relations”