No English Navigation

Forum for Land Rover Customer Relations
kathk

No English Navigation

Post by kathk » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:41 am

Dear Land Rover CRC,

I have a 2017 Velar bought in Hong Kong. Unfortunately there is no English language navigation system. The GUI can be set to English, the navigation voice giving directions is English, but the whole map is what I assume is the same Chinese map as on the Mainland China models. It's called "China Navigation Electronic Map - AutoNavi". There is no way to enter any English at all, so right now I always have to swipe the map until I get to the vicinity I want to drive to and manually tap the screen to set the destination. That is getting old fast.
The service staff told me that since the Velar is a relatively new model there is no English map available, but there might in the unspecified future. So far there is none, and there haven't been any software updates what so ever since the car rolled of the assembly line. I was also told that it's impossible to activate the Android Auto and if I try doing that myself I will lose my warranty. Is there any way to have the dealership activate Android Auto for me so I can actually use the navigation in English? It's an official language here after all, and all the documents of the car are in English as well.

Thanks a lot.
Last edited by kathk on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
P250 S R-Dynamic, Firenze Red / Ebony Interior

CRC@LandRover

Re: No English Navigation

Post by CRC@LandRover » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:12 am

mrgoodkat wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:41 am
Dear Land Rover CRC,

I have a 2017 Velar bought in Hong Kong. Unfortunately there is no English language navigation system. The GUI can be set to English, the navigation voice giving directions is English, but the whole map is what I assume is the same Chinese map as on the Mainland China models. There is no way to enter any English destination at all, so right now I always have to swipe the map until I get to the vicinity I want to drive to and manually tap the screen to set the destination. That is getting old fast.
The service staff told me that since the Velar is a relatively new model there is no English map available, but there might in the unspecified future. So far there is none, and there haven't been any software updates what so ever since the car rolled of the assembly line. I was also told that it's impossible to activate the Android Auto and if I try doing that myself I will lose my warranty. Is there any way to have the dealership activate Android Auto for me so I can actually use the navigation in English? It's an official language here after all, and all the documents of the car are in English as well.

Thanks a lot.
Good Morning mrgoodkat

Thank you for your post.

For me to assist you further, may I kindly request that you PM me the following information:

Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
You personal contact details
Your address

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Land Rover UK

Return to “Land Rover Customer Relations”